Author Topic: The DK3 $550 repetitive bluescreen bounty  (Read 46283 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: The DK3 $500 repetitive bluescreen bounty
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2013, 06:39:45 pm »
Brian, was your last comment constructive? Seems like you grasping at straws to find a reason to burst George's bubble.

I think George's bounty will go a long way in garnering support for this game -even if the things you say about marp are true. People love gaming. And people love getting paid to game.  ;D
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2013, 06:40:39 pm »
Wow I may have to take a serious swing at this now and im no DK3 player at all. :)

Still gotta get this DK KS and try to get top 12 at least. Maybe ill alternate DK3 one night then some DK.

:D

Awesome everyone.....
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Simpsons99

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2013, 06:49:34 pm »
I'm just saying i know alot of the players over there.  These DK Games are not there thing!

Like i said before who knows maybe he will get a player or 2 playing..

But i belive there still doing there Marp Toury over there.

I'm just glad they fixed the site over there!

Brian, was your last comment constructive? Seems like you grasping at straws to find a reason to burst George's bubble.

I think George's bounty will go a long way in garnering support for this game -even if the things you say about marp are true. People love gaming. And people love getting paid to game.  ;D

Offline hooch66

• Personal Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2013, 06:52:16 pm »
I'm with you on this. I'd much prefer to try this on an arcade machine. But I need a DK3 board and edge connector, which the prize money would help me acquire.

Bit of a chicken and egg situation for me :)

I would definitely play if there were a local arcade machine. I just can't bring myself to play full games on mame. I think I've come to love the physical machines and their accompanying atmosphere too much. ;)
Member for 11 Years Blogger

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2013, 07:47:51 pm »
I posted a link on the aussie arcade forum so you might get some bites there,
And a bit OT but I consider my good friends the ones that will tell me I'm being a d..k or that I should pull my head in, they will even go as far as to throw me a can of BO basher and say spray some you smell after work. Now that's a good mate ;).
Back on topic again good luck with the bounty and count me in for another $50 (depending on what the exchange rate does to it;) )
Just pm an let me know how it's being collected.
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline d3scride

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2013, 08:43:21 pm »
Brian why all the negativity? I'm genuinely curious or is your disposition generally like that?

Anyway, George that's great that people in the community are contributing, in one way or another, to give this title some more love. It's never a bad thing to get more people competing on a title, and I'm sure you are hungry for some competition at this point since you've basically destroyed everybody at it so far.

I will probably play some games just for fun because of all the DK3 chatter. Good luck everyone.
PBs:

DK: 702,100 at 1,040,000 pace
1-1: 11,800
1-2: 22,700
No Hammer: 562,800
Lvl 2: 50,400
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer Former DK3 World Record Holder

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2013, 09:19:42 pm »
People from Europe do like Shooter games, and DK3 is at least a quasi shooter game.  So it may actually have some interest.

P.S.

I posted about it now on the MARP forums!  8)
You might want to post on the shmup forums as well: http://shmups.system11.org/index.php

They usually play newer and more straight-up shooters, but they have a lot of very good shooter players there and the $500 might attract some interest.

-G
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: The DK3 $550 repetitive bluescreen bounty
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2013, 03:25:31 am »
OK, thank you Monstabonza for that great offer! 8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline johnmcallister

• Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2013, 09:05:00 am »
Well if things continue to go the way they are at work I'll soon be unemployed and have lots of time for gaming
and this bounty.  They took our water coolers a few months ago, cleaning crew stopped coming a few months
ago, our other cleaning service stopped a few months ago, and yesterday they came and took the rugs from under
our feet.

If I do get layed off I'll be coming for this bounty.

Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2013, 09:40:57 am »
Well if things continue to go the way they are at work I'll soon be unemployed and have lots of time for gaming
and this bounty.  They took our water coolers a few months ago, cleaning crew stopped coming a few months
ago, our other cleaning service stopped a few months ago, and yesterday they came and took the rugs from under
our feet.

This is one of the few times where I hope someone doesn't have the opportunity to go for my bounty.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Simpsons99

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2013, 10:45:04 am »
Why George ?

I thought that was the point of having it?

You want to see someone do this right?
our feet.

This is one of the few times where I hope someone doesn't have the opportunity to go for my bounty.

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2013, 12:30:24 pm »
John McAllister!  Is there no screening process for membership here!?

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2013, 01:13:17 pm »
Why George ?

I thought that was the point of having it?

You want to see someone do this right?

Does everything really have to be spelled out for you?   When I said someone, I am specifically referring to John Mcallister, and his situation.  If he has the opportunity to get this bounty, than he loses his job.  If you can't understand why I would not want that to happen, than I don't know what to say.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline johnmcallister

• Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2013, 10:27:36 am »
Yep Ross is out to get me :)

I don't mind loosing my job, will give me a chance over the summer to see just how much into
running an arcade I want to do.  I've got 10 games out on route now and would like to find
out if I could actually run a full time route or be more active in an arcade.

I'm figuring though that someone will take this bounty before I even get a chance to go after
it. 
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2013, 06:01:42 am »
Well it looks like Ben Falls is really starting to take a charge at this.  Just saw a replay of a game he did last night where he hit 2,057,300, and got to board 106.  Only 54 boards away from the Repetitive Blue Screen.  So all those who think they have all the time in the world to wait on this, well better think again. 8)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard