Author Topic: Is Mario the same speed when walking as he is in the air?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Marscaleb

• Awards
Is Mario the same speed when walking as he is in the air?
« on: June 29, 2024, 10:12:43 pm »
Is there any difference in Mario's horizontal speed when he is walking compared to when he is in the air?

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Is Mario the same speed when walking as he is in the air?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2024, 01:24:37 am »
The horizontal speed when jumping is slower than compared to walking, even if you factor out the landing pause. Walking is two frames of horizontal movement, then a frame of pause, then repeat. Jumping is one frame of horizontal movement, then a frame of pause, then repeat until the landing which is a 5(?) frame pause. So I guess that works out to walking being about 1.47x faster, horizontally, than jumping.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Marscaleb

• Awards
Re: Is Mario the same speed when walking as he is in the air?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2024, 09:15:59 am »
Thank you, that is just what I was looking for.