Author Topic: Hey guys! I interview Robbie Lakeman recently. Enjoy! (REUPLOAD)  (Read 15244 times)

Offline joshonimus

• Awards
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 09:12:27 pm by joshonimus »
Member for 3 Years

Offline Mitch Mitchell

• Youtube Channel
    • Awards
Re: Hey guys! I interview Robbie Lakeman recently. Enjoy!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 08:42:13 pm »
You always give great interviews man, well done; wow so Lakeman is retiring his cab too, thats intense. Well at least he was able to go out while still retaining the title. World Champion to the end.
VS Duck Hunt - 3,502,900
DK - 985,400
Member for 6 Years Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline Snowflake

• Awards
Member for 7 Years

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Hey guys! I interview Robbie Lakeman recently. Enjoy! (REUPLOAD)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 03:46:08 am »
Given how this community has as many false retirements as professional boxers, I'm skeptical.
But if it is Robbie's true retirement from competitive classic Donkey Kong gaming I say big time congratulations on a great run at competitive Donkey Kong. Probably the best ever.
We do have differences, but I'm not above recognizing greatness.
I see Robbie was coy on what he was going to do next in classic gaming.
Well I have an educated guess.
I'm predicting he's going after David Race's amazing speedrun score of Pacman.
Probably the oldest major speedrun record in existence.
Remember, Robbie is the record holder of Super Pacman.
So Robbie isn't going into this blind.
Given the current climate it would seem Robbie would have incentive as well.
Having said that, this is wild speculation on my part, and should be thought of as just an entertaining idea.

"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Mitch Mitchell

• Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 08:13:04 am »
Given how this community has as many false retirements as professional boxers, I'm skeptical.
But if it is Robbie's true retirement from competitive classic Donkey Kong gaming I say big time congratulations on a great run at competitive Donkey Kong. Probably the best ever.
Having said that, this is wild speculation on my part, and should be thought of as just an entertaining idea.

Riley, he sold his cab, his retirement is real.
VS Duck Hunt - 3,502,900
DK - 985,400
Member for 6 Years Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline francoisadt

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 08:13:13 am »

I agree, I think becuase he is a Billy Mitchell follower, his next step would be either do what Billy did in the past by getting perfect pacman score ect..

Robbie need to build out his own legacy not following in Billy's footsteps..

It would be fantastic if he had the time to get the WR on Dk Junior and DK 3 then move on to Pac-man...

Just my 2cents...
Member for 10 Years

Offline TheKD

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 09:55:03 am »
I agree, I think becuase he is a Billy Mitchell follower, his next step would be either do what Billy did in the past by getting perfect pacman score ect..

It would be fantastic if he had the time to get the WR on Dk Junior and DK 3 then move on to Pac-man...

Just my 2cents...

Youll have to excuse me, Im not familiar with your accomplishments. How many times have you beaten the Donkey Kong world record?
Member for 4 Years

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 06:48:10 pm »
Quote from: TheDK
Youll have to excuse me, Im not familiar with your accomplishments.

Touche
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline francoisadt

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 12:26:35 am »

Just my 2cents...

Youll have to excuse me, Im not familiar with your accomplishments. How many times have you beaten the Donkey Kong world record?

Hi

You did not read my full post.

I clearly stated in comparison what Billy did in the past...He did not had ONE word record at a time but also DK Jnr.

Therefore the reason I just mention IF..... a BIG .IF - Robbie wants to exceed what Billy did in comparison he needs to
get more WRs...in other games as well. Also IF Robbie wants to build out a greater legacy overall not only for DK.
These goals are each person's own preference.

This is of course very difficult to compare becuase a WR today in DK mean much more dedication than a WR in DK 20 years ago.

Example:

Mitchell and Chris Ayra reached the split-screen level 256 of Pac-Man in mid-1983.[1] In 1999, Mitchell claimed to be the first player to achieve a perfect score of 3,333,360 points.
He set the first acknowledged highest overall score on Donkey Kong with 886,900 points in 1982.
He set a new record score for Ms. Pac-Man of 703,560 in January 1985, which stood until it was surpassed in 2001 by Ayra.
He set a record score for Donkey Kong Jr. of 957,300 in 2004.[43]
He set a record score for BurgerTime of 7,881,050 in 1984, which stood until 2005.

On my accomplishments. On playing DK - I do not have a DK cabinet. I also had not time to play any DK on MAME.
With the little time I am busy restoring my Ms. Pac-Man cabinet.. in the process fixing ROMS/chips and joystick.

Had played the about a month ago - was on 920K+ fruit randomness rate but unfortunately the game reset at 755K. So now I need to investigate
why this happen frequenctly. So I cannot get my first goal getting a 900K. I did play a Ms. PacMan tubro WR on MAME of 945K
submitted on TG in 2015. After getting a 900K+ on Ms. Pac-Man normal speed I will switch the ROMs to play Tubo speed.

Then thereafter getting a 930K+ on Ms. Pac-Man Tubro. I will play a perfect pac-man. These are my goals at first.
Once this has been reached I will then look into the possibilities playing DK.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 12:41:46 am by francoisadt »
Member for 10 Years

Offline TheKD

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2021, 04:18:42 am »

Just my 2cents...

Hi

I clearly stated in comparison what Billy did in the past...He did not had ONE word record at a time but also DK Jnr.

Therefore the reason I just mention IF..... a BIG .IF - Robbie wants to exceed what Billy did in comparison he needs to
get more WRs...in other games as well. Also IF Robbie wants to build out a greater legacy overall not only for DK.

This is of course very difficult to compare becuase a WR today in DK mean much more dedication than a WR in DK 20 years ago.

Example:

Mitchell and Chris Ayra reached the split-screen level 256 of Pac-Man in mid-1983.[1] In 1999, Mitchell claimed to be the first player to achieve a perfect score of 3,333,360 points.
He set the first acknowledged highest overall score on Donkey Kong with 886,900 points in 1982.
He set a new record score for Ms. Pac-Man of 703,560 in January 1985, which stood until it was surpassed in 2001 by Ayra.
He set a record score for BurgerTime of 7,881,050 in 1984, which stood until 2005.

On my accomplishments. On playing DK - I do not have a DK cabinet. I also had not time to play any DK on MAME.
With the little time I am busy restoring my Ms. Pac-Man cabinet.. in the process fixing ROMS/chips and joystick.

Had played the about a month ago - was on 920K+ fruit randomness rate but unfortunately the game reset at 755K. So now I need to investigate
why this happen frequenctly. So I cannot get my first goal getting a 900K. I did play a Ms. PacMan tubro WR on MAME of 945K
submitted on TG in 2015. After getting a 900K+ on Ms. Pac-Man normal speed I will switch the ROMs to play Tubo speed.

Then thereafter getting a 930K+ on Ms. Pac-Man Tubro. I will play a perfect pac-man. These are my goals at first.

Have you ever bothered to look at Robbie?s records on TG?

https://www.twingalaxies.com/robbie-lakeman
Member for 4 Years

Offline Snowflake

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 09:20:30 am »
if we're gonna speculate that robbie is following in billy's steps, billy is all about "firsts" right?

Maybe Robbie plans to move on to being a great pleasurer of women.  That'd be a first for a dk player
Member for 7 Years

Offline datagod

• Howdy folks!
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 12:13:22 pm »
Robbie and I are going for the two player world record on 1943.  Hard mode, no beginning-the-level-powerups.

Nice interview...audio was blown a bit...unlike most DK players.   <Pigger>
Lets be pals!
Member for 10 Years

Offline francoisadt

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2021, 11:01:19 pm »

Just my 2cents...

Hi

Example:

Have you ever bothered to look at Robbie?s records on TG?

https://www.twingalaxies.com/robbie-lakeman

YesI knowall about them through the years have been following forums...for a  very long time
Member for 10 Years