Author Topic: Question about Smashing Descending Firefoxes  (Read 4827 times)

Offline dknetter

• Awards
Question about Smashing Descending Firefoxes
« on: February 24, 2020, 02:45:02 pm »
In the Mastering DK pdf strategy guide, page 84, section "Smashing Ascending/Descending Firefoxes" it says "standing just off to the side of the ladder (basically with Jumpman?s nose touching the side of the ladder) allows one to safely try for a smash."

I understand a firefox can get through the hammer and hit your head if you stand directly underneath it as it comes down. My question is - if you are standing to the left of the ladder, with the nose just touching the left side as the guide says, is it possible for the firefox to descend all the way and turn left and hit you if you just stand there (assuming the hammer keeps going)? Or is the guide indicating that this position of "nose touching the side of the ladder" a spot where you will for sure be able to hit the firefox either on the way down or before it can actually move left and hit you (again, assume the hammer keeps going)?
Member for 4 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Question about Smashing Descending Firefoxes
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 03:19:14 pm »
I'm not sure that strat is 100% foolproof...

Slightly different scenario since I was moving at the time, but it definitely makes me a little gun-shy about just standing there waiting for the firefox to run into the hammer.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer