Author Topic: DK Speedrun PBs  (Read 5640 times)

Offline TB303

• Awards
DK Speedrun PBs
« on: June 20, 2018, 05:59:10 pm »
JPN set 2 - 1loop 1:43

demo recorded via wolfmame 0.192
Member for 5 Years

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
Re: DK Speedrun PBs
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 11:48:47 pm »
Boards of Canada, nice
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 05:34:03 am »
Hey Alex! Welcome to DKF.

I wonder if it's possible to get up that ladder on the conveyor board before it comes down and makes you wait...

Otherwise this is a snappy run. I suppose the technique on the rivet board could be explored more since it's not as 'linear' of a board to traverse.
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TB303

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 09:03:00 pm »
Boards of Canada, nice

It's a remix of Turquoise Hexagon Sun by Autechre. Was taken during a radio mix in 2010
here's a yt link to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeEcOcbQQkU

Hey Alex! Welcome to DKF.

I wonder if it's possible to get up that ladder on the conveyor board before it comes down and makes you wait...

Otherwise this is a snappy run. I suppose the technique on the rivet board could be explored more since it's not as 'linear' of a board to traverse.

Thanks mate.
I've got very close to getting up the ladder multiple times, but every time it'd go down and pull me slightly down with it. This is still really good as it keeps me right up top of the shrunk ladder: an area I wouldn't be at if I played a bit slower.

more PBs:
4000pts / 4k bonus 1-1

JPN set 2 - 1loop (a very high) 1:40
Member for 5 Years

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 09:27:34 pm »
You can't beat the ladder before it retracts, but you can technically (TAS-nically) climb it anyway.  :D

The TAS rivet pattern is:

It's risky to do the "touch 'n go" but certainly doable. Otherwise, crossing and jumping across the rivets slows that pattern down to be about the same as a regular weave pattern (the pattern you'd probably end up doing beyond level 2 anyway). (Also, you might save a frame in the top left by going up the outside ladder first towards the prize, opposite of what's in that video...haven't tested it, and it would need frame-perfect inputs anyway).
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer