Author Topic: Robbie got 1,230,100 in Donkey Kong Arcade WOW!  (Read 24395 times)

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
Re: Robbie got 1,230,100 in Donkey Kong Arcade WOW!
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2017, 12:58:09 pm »
Um, that’s a completely different game and is apparently super easy given the lack of respawning firefoxes on pie and the level 2 style spawns on 21-6.
Member for 7 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2017, 02:34:25 pm »
Someone had achieved a score of 1,222,900 points from playing the version of the game included in Donkey Kong 64 years before this new achievement involving what appeared at had been one of the arcade versions of it.

You could access video of the achievement involving the version included in Donkey Kong 64 at the following address:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lekPEle8F8w&t=2s
This is completely different.  This only has four boards per level.  This game doesn't have an end.  He's also running the barrel board.   I'd advise you to watch Robbie's game, and you'll realize the difference in game play right away.  I actually have a higher score on Galaxian for the Atari 2600 than the Arcade record holder, but the game is so different I have the common sense that my score is in no way, shape, or form comparable to the record.  The record is much, much, much harder for Galaxian Arcade despite the lower score.
Same goes for this.  There is no comparison. Robbie had 116 boards to get his 1.23 million.  In order to do that he need to do crazy high risk game play to achieve his score.   I really advise you to watch his game, and you'll have a full understanding of his epic game play.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Fliplismc

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2017, 02:43:37 pm »
Kongrats Robbie! So happy for you!!
Glad I got to witness it, outstanding performance mate!
CK MAME: 601,000 - KS
DK Arcade: 853,500 - KS
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline andrewg

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2017, 06:41:20 pm »
In the realm of insanity. This score doesn't even make sense to me.

CONGRATS!
There's a Kill Screen Coming Up!
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline up2ng

• Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2017, 08:11:03 pm »
Congrats Robbie!  Those are some serious stats for that game.  Sweet Jry Charts!  Love it.

Donkey Kong:  1,206,800  Kill Screen
Donkey Kong:  898,600     16-5
D2K:                 380,200     L=9
Donkey Kong Junior:  In Progress
Member for 11 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer Wildcard Rematch Champion Blogger Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - MAME Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2017, 08:52:19 pm »
Thats a big one. Congrats Robbie!
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Mario500

• Doing 'The Mario' on the keyboard
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2017, 06:30:04 am »
Someone had achieved a score of 1,222,900 points from playing the version of the game included in Donkey Kong 64 years before this new achievement involving what appeared at had been one of the arcade versions of it.

You could access video of the achievement involving the version included in Donkey Kong 64 at the following address:

This is completely different.  This only has four boards per level.  This game doesn't have an end.  He's also running the barrel board.   I'd advise you to watch Robbie's game, and you'll realize the difference in game play right away.  I actually have a higher score on Galaxian for the Atari 2600 than the Arcade record holder, but the game is so different I have the common sense that my score is in no way, shape, or form comparable to the record.  The record is much, much, much harder for Galaxian Arcade despite the lower score.
Same goes for this.  There is no comparison. Robbie had 116 boards to get his 1.23 million.  In order to do that he need to do crazy high risk game play to achieve his score.   I really advise you to watch his game, and you'll have a full understanding of his epic game play.

Did you ever play the version of the original Donkey Kong included in Donkey Kong 64? 
Highest Score in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): 699,300 points (Level 19-1)
Highest Level in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): Level 19-1
Member for 11 Years

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2017, 09:57:22 am »
So the people who wrote those articles seem to think that the hardest part of a DK high score is sitting there for 3.5 hours. The one also described the basic game mechanic as some sort of expert level strats that Robbie was employing.
Member for 7 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

WCopeland

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2017, 10:00:55 am »
So the people who wrote those articles seem to think that the hardest part of a DK high score is sitting there for 3.5 hours. The one also described the basic game mechanic as some sort of expert level strats that Robbie was employing.

That's part of the fun in these. Eventually it becomes a game of telephone and even the most basic details in the articles are wrong.

Offline Mario500

• Doing 'The Mario' on the keyboard
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2017, 11:46:52 am »
So the people who wrote those articles seem to think that the hardest part of a DK high score is sitting there for 3.5 hours.

What made you think they were thinking this was the "hardest part"?

The one also described the basic game mechanic as some sort of expert level strats that Robbie was employing.

Which "one" what?
Highest Score in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): 699,300 points (Level 19-1)
Highest Level in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): Level 19-1
Member for 11 Years

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2017, 02:33:39 pm »
Congratulations once again, Robbie! Really an amazing score. I hope you really enjoyed your celebration! How does it feel to be #1 on ALL platforms for the first time?!
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2017, 02:35:36 pm »

While I am sure this is a significant achievement for that gamer, this 'version' of DK cannot be compared to the original arcade ROMs. We could probably create another thread somewhere on this forum for this version of DK if  there isn't one already.
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2017, 04:30:00 pm »
We could probably create another thread somewhere on this forum for this version of DK if  there isn't one already.

There is.

https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=173.0
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer