Donkey Kong Strategy > Advanced Donkey Kong Strategy

dkcoach - A MAME plugin to assist with Donkey Kong learning

(1/4) > >>

10yard:
I've made a Donkey Kong coaching tool to assist people like me who are struggling to master the Springs stage.  There's more information about it on my project page at https://github.com/10yard/dkcoach#readme

I tried to visualise some of the excellent "Spring Theory" work done by Xelnia.  I have referred back to that thread about 100 times!

The coach determines the "spring type" between 0 and 15 based on length and displays this information near to where the springs are released,  helping you make quick decisions on when to make a run and when to sit tight or retreat back to safety.  The coach displays safe zones (in green) and variable danger zones (in red). 

As you become more confident with your gameplay,  you can reduce help features by pressing "P2 Start" button.  Toggling from "Max Help" to "Min Help" to "No Help".  The coaching should help you to identify springs and react to them quickly.

Here's a quick demo video.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax-xDwVr7No
Hopefully this tool will be useful to some.  I plan to add helpers to other stages too.

Jon

Sock Master:
That's pretty brilliant!   It's well thought out and I think it'll be a fantastic learning tool for a lot of players

muscleandfitness:
?

10yard:

--- Quote from: Sock Master on August 24, 2021, 10:05:38 am ---That's pretty brilliant!   It's well thought out and I think it'll be a fantastic learning tool for a lot of players

--- End quote ---

Thank you Sock Master!  It's helping me improve my DK skill,  and I need it TBH  ROFL.  It was fun to learn a bit more about the internal workings of the game too. 

QAOP Spaceman:

Wow that looks great!

Bravo sir

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version