Donkey Kong Strategy > Advanced Donkey Kong Strategy

I'm missing something on the 100 point pressing of the barrel on Donkey Kong

(1/3) > >>

homerwannabee:
There is something I'm not doing when it comes to the 100 point pressing on the barrel.  I was able to accomplish this only once after hundreds and hundreds of tries.

It's something in Donkey Kong that seems fascinating that something so simple looking is so complex to pull off.  I think I'm missing something.  Do you press a directional when jumping the second time?  Do you have more success with a back jump or a front jump the second time?  I really don't understand how this tactic isn't instant death for most people.

There is something I'm missing on this.  What's the trick.  Do you press right two times in a row real quick.  left two times in a row real quick.  Really, it shouldn't be this hard.  What am I missing on something that seems so simple?

Can someone show me a video on how to do this?  Or at least make a video?

homerwannabee:
Also, another point.  Is there a spot on the top girder where this will work better? 

Edit:  Yet another important point.  Is there an optimal way for Mario to stand (leaning forward, standing straight, or facing backwards?)

dnickolas:
Not sure if I know what you mean, but if you're talking about the girder 6 back jumps then it's all about starting location and jumping just early enough to not die on the first back jump. If you're too far right you fall off the edge after jump 2, and too far left it won't work. If you jump too late you'll live sans points, and too early you die.

homerwannabee:
There is more to it than that.  I'm almost positive.  I hear Robbie pressing the joystick twice on this jump.  There is a very specific way to do the top girder back jump on the barrel board.  What I want to know is the optimal way.  Yes, I figured out timing matter, but I wonder about positioning.  How Mario stands.  About pressing a direction while in the air.  There is more to this back jump than what people are letting on.  It wouldn't take me hundreds of tries just for one successful attempt.  There is more to it.

homerwannabee:
OK, I'm looking at Robbie's point pressing again.  He seems to stand straight up, and then do two back jumps facing forward.  He also seems to be two steps away from the top step on the girder, but he's not standing on the edge of the step but he seems to be very close to the next step up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version