Author Topic: My classic video game Hall of Fame 2022  (Read 2727 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
My classic video game Hall of Fame 2022
« on: January 15, 2022, 02:56:58 pm »
Last year I celebrated the Programmers.  This year I want to focus on the people who have done a great job of promoting Classic video games.

So, I am inducting two people into this Hall of Fame

Walter Day: I'm not sure where classic video game competition would be today without this man.  He was a HUGE figure in video game promotion in the 80s.  Then in the late 90s through the 2000s he blasted upwards like a Pheonix and was a strong reason why classic video games became relevant once again.

Jonas Neubauer: now for my surprise selection.  I'm putting Jonas up for how he was an amazing ambassador to the game.  Yes, he was a seven time Tetris champion, but I really believe that his positive outlook, and his humble approach really vaulted Tetris into another competitive level.  Competitive Tetris has become the most popular high score game of all time by a wide margin.  Before Jonas, I would say it was Donkey Kong.  But he instilled a community spirit that saw this game reach new heights of popularity.  So, for his work outside of being a gamer I decided to induct him into my Classic video game Hall of Fame.

People from the past that were elected,

Donald Hayes
Billy Mitchell*
Matt Hall
Dwayne Richard
Todd Rogers*

*Both Todd Rogers, and Billy Mitchell were kicked out of Twin Galaxies after they were put in my personal Hall of Fame.

Martin Bedard
Tom Votava
John McCallister

Dean Saglio

Mark Kheil
Tim Sczerby
Robbie Lakeman
Wes Copeland
Phil Tudose
Andrew Barrow
Steve Wiebe

Shigeru Myamoto
Eugene Jarvis: 
Takshi Nishiyama: 
Toru Iwatani
Tomohiro Nishikado
Ed Logg:
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener