Author Topic: Twin Galaxies Recording Rules  (Read 24412 times)

SQUIIDUX

Twin Galaxies Recording Rules
« on: March 18, 2013, 09:27:21 pm »
Good evening everyone!
I have recently purchased a DK machine on craigslist and am having a great time with it. Since i am new to all this, i understand that TG has a pretty crazy routine for recording games. The new TG site's DK recording rules for DK is 404'ing and i would like to know what the procedure is. Thank you for your time. - Dustin

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Twin Galaxies Recording Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:30:12 pm »
No one knows for sure what the recording rules will be under the new TG, but I think this thread my have most of the information you'd be looking for as far as the old recording rules and how they might be soon changed under these new owners: https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=27.0
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

SQUIIDUX

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:30:51 pm »
Awesome thank you

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 08:27:42 pm »
I do have to admit, I was probably the last person sticking to the strict DK recording rules, I have backed off from them lately and going back to a normal arcade recording process. I've heard promises and claims to get the rules updated, but it's been put to the side. There really isn't an official set of recording rules anymore, even on the new TG site it still goes to a dead link.

I stopped doing the unnecessary pre-recording steps. I introduce myself, give the date, show the machine and start, and let the continuous recording speak for itself, and will show all the "goodies" at the end close to the standard recording process. I no longer wait for all the screens to cycle after every restart, once it is already shown once, and will be shown again at the end, I don't feel it is necessary.

If anyone in the community thinks I'm under recording, let me know. But, I  would like a TG rep to chime in and possibly talk about the recording rules update.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:00:24 am by LMDAVE »
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 11:32:41 am »
Good move.  I think the more people that move away from the old recording rules, the better.  I feel confident that they will go away.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 11:33:15 am »
Good move.  I think the more people that move away from the old recording rules, the better.  I feel confident that they will go away.

Me too.....
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

SQUIIDUX

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 11:45:37 am »
I agree, that would save a lot of time and wear on the machines as well as on patience.

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 07:24:29 pm »

Me too.....

Thanks Steve/Ben, but aren't you guys TG refs? do you all have any pull in getting something official?

Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 09:33:35 pm »
As I promised, I will get this fixed (or at least give it my best effort) I just havnt had a chance to go over it with the powers that be.

I will have a definitive answer by next Friday one way or the other.

-Ken
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

konghusker

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 11:06:46 am »
One would think that refs don't want to waste their time waiting for cycle through, and pre-recorded, duplicated "goodies" either.  I really hope something official comes out soon.

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 11:19:06 am »
Ken said last night that some changes are coming, and the "special" rules just for DK will go away. We should see some official stuff soon.

Every now and then I would hear a rationale for supporting these "special" rules, but you can poke holes in all the rationales. It was way overdone, and now going to be put back in line with all crediable arcade recording rules. Finally....can't wait to see it official though.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 11:30:20 am »
Thanks Steve/Ben, but aren't you guys TG refs? do you all have any pull in getting something official?

Collectively, me, Ben, Ken and Stephen Boyer all play DK to some degree.  We all have worked on our own machines as well and all own or owned a DK at some point.  I think we could all agree that making the submission rules for a specific game overly complex because of its popularity and not due to some innate function or trait of the game itself, is not in sync with the new direction of TG.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 01:38:25 pm »
Whatever the rules are changed to, I just hope some doofus doesn't try to cheat and end up ruining it for the rest of us :/
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

SQUIIDUX

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 03:14:59 pm »
awesome, i really hope something comes out soon. i just hate to see all of these people with highscores not submit becuase the recording rules are over the top.

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 07:13:26 pm »
Whatever the rules are changed to, I just hope some doofus doesn't try to cheat and end up ruining it for the rest of us :/

To be honest, cheating is just as easy with all the silly rules as without and most of us who are tech savvy know that. The rules will be changed soon, there are others that are going to be changed, some scores removed, some re-instated... Stay tuned!
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer