Other Lists > Steve's List Forum

Top 5 Favorite Console Games

<< < (2/5) > >>

marinomitch13:
Didn't really grow up as a "gamer" or even with consoles, but here a my main two:

Doom games -Playstation/N64 (all are good)

Megaman games -NES/SNES

Drunkguy89:
Following Steve's great Idea of a top 5 Console games ...im going to include Pc games under "console" fwiw

1. "Shenmue" : (Dreamcast)

Easily the greatest console game I have ever played made back in 99 and have yet to play anything that comes close, The story, music
and level of detail is incredible (for example on one of the streets there is an arcade which lets you play "Space Harrier" "Hang-On" "Darts" ect.)

Dreamcast Magazine Shenmue Trailer

2. "Broken Sword" 1 and 2 : (PC/ PS2)

Two of my favorite "Point and Click" games, Beautiful hand drawn backrounds although the later games turned 3D faild badly.

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars trailer

3. "Beneth A Steel Sky" (DOS/Amiga/Microsoft Windows)

From the same makers of the Broken Sword
games this one is fairly oldschool, its a free download from the makers site "Revalution Software" highly recomended PnC

Beneath a Steel Sky Review for GOG.com and Noobtoob.com

4. "grim fandango" (Microsoft Windows)

Im sure most of you will be familiar with this LucasArts gem so I wont go into any detail,
You can currently get a "mouse mod" for this since it origionally used slugish tank controls wich never suited it, the mouse mod enables you to play it PnC style however ;)
unfortunately the game can be rare to come across and sometimes expensive ($367.07 - New?) .........EbayPls.
It can also be a pain in the ass to get it running on modern computers.

Grim Fandango trailer

5. "Blade Runner" (Microsoft Windows)
Another classic although admittedly I have not played this one yet BibleThump..the reason I added this particular game is because I have watched it beeing played numourus times on YT
and its a shining example of how games should be done when based on movies, its like watching another Bladerunner movie Kreygasm!

http://youtu.be/CPwJpaboePU?t=25s

Ship to 0:26^^

Dk_madness:
Wow so many great titles to choose from....I've always been a RPG fan,

1. Panzer Dragoon Saga (Sega Saturn)

2. Thousand Arms (Playstation)

3. Phantasy Star 2 (Genesis)

4. Contra (NES)

5. Radiant Silvergun (Sega Saturn Japan)

Honorable mention goes out to many of the Neo-Geo games including the Metal Slug series, Magician Lord, and Crossed Swords, as well as the Working Designs RPGs for the Sega CD and Saturn. Oh almost forgot the games by Atlas!!

(Had to change the top 5, I forgot about Thousand Arms. Yeah you level up you girls by dating them.....Epic)  Kreygasm

TheSunshineFund:
Nice!

I used to love the PnC Lucas games like Monkey Island, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, etc.  Good shit.

D.B. Cooper:
I like my console games old school.

1.  Dragster - Atari 2600.  This is still the game that I've probably played for more hours than any other.  I had a box full of joysticks that I broke playing this game.

2.  Micro Machines - NES.  I still consider this the most fun head to head driving game ever developed. 

3.  Baseball Simulator 1.000 - NES.  Like Steve's Baseball Stars, me and my friend used to spend as much time setting up our teams as we did playing.  Gameplay is the same as for RBI baseball but the extra features made the game much better IMO.

4.  The Black Bass - NES.  The first fishing game where you started in a boat and had to find the right places to fish and figure out how to catch only bass.  The formula has been copied many times over and current fishing games have way cooler graphics but I've never played one where the gameplay was better than this one.

5.  Star Force - NES.  This is actually a port of an arcade game but since I've never seen nor ever hear of anyone ever owning the actual arcade game, I'm counting this one.  Still my favorite shoot em up and it gets bonus points because my wife likes it as well.

Honorable mention goes to the first ever text adventure pc game I played - Leisure Suit Larry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version