Related Games > Crazy Kong

Complete (i hope) list of differences between crazy kong and DK.

<< < (4/4)

pcfreak324:
I have collected a few patches for Crazy Kong Part II that can be applied to the MAME rom ckongpt2. I put the patches into different folders so that they can be applied individually and combined as desired. This is what they do:
[*]graphics fix: removes the holes in CK's sprite; from HBMAME rom ckongfix
[*]jp set 2 fixes: Nintendo's fixes from MAME rom dkongjo (25m jump bug fix and pre-round message fix)
[*]kill screen fix: fixes the kill screen; from HBMAME rom dkongp
[*]no more safe ladders fix: from MAME rom dkong
[*]us stage order: Crazy Kong 117 patch by ChrisP[/list]

The patches are in IPS format and require a patching program like Lunar IPS.

_Zaphod_:
I've been away from here for a while, so i missed this post.

i have some patch requests, if anyone is up for them.

1) patch pie factory to not have pies get stuck on upper level when the conveyors speed up. Make the check to make them vanish a bit less picky.  Will significantly increase difficulty of later versions of the board.
2) patch elevators board to allow for 3 springs (remove reservation for unused hammer on that board, freeing up a third sprite for spring usage). Will even more significantly increase difficulty of this board, to near dk levels.
3) fix graphic offset bugs.

Barra:
I don't understand the point of "fixes" for CK. Just play DK?

Darryl1970:

--- Quote from: _Zaphod_ on November 19, 2013, 07:25:04 am ---Fact: Crazy Kong was based off of dkongjpo roms. Hence, the ladder cheat, the barrel skip cheat, the 1234 level order, and "HOW HIGH CAN YOU TRY".  these don't count as differences.

Actual differences.

1) there seems to be a smaller sprite limit on the crazy kong boardset. this affects the following.

--- End quote ---

1. Did anybody ever notice that the conveyor belt rollers, found at the end of the belts, start off a the letter Q? LOL
2. All of the sprites hover about 2 or 3 pixels above the floor. Different versions vary in the number.
3. The destroyed enemy debris (from barrel or fireball) do not disappear until the sprite is reused.
4. You can jump on the place where the far left elevators come out of without dying, as long as you don't jump while the elevator is overlapping Jumpman.
5. If you do not use either hammer on Rivet screen, you are rewarded with gold bars. (Pt 2)
6. You can also clear level 1 by jumping off of the oil can (This is something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere).  You can't even stand on the oil can in DK. (I can make a YouTube video if anybody cares to see it.)

QAOP Spaceman:

--- Quote from: Darryl1970 on September 25, 2020, 05:27:32 am ---
5. If you do not use either hammer on Rivet screen, you are rewarded with gold bars. (Pt 2)
6. You can also clear level 1 by jumping off of the oil can (This is something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere).  You can't even stand on the oil can in DK. (I can make a YouTube video if anybody cares to see it.)

--- End quote ---

<gasp>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version