General Donkey Kong Discussion > The Kong Off

KO3 official announcement

<< < (2/14) > >>

LMDAVE:

--- Quote ---There will be a mandatory stop in play around 5pm to help solicit the machine selection process for the top 12 players. Top 12 players can begin playing on their machines after the machine selections process is complete. Scores from Friday from the top 12 players will be accepted until 12am Saturday November 16th.
--- End quote ---

If I go to KO3, I wont leave to go until Friday and  arrive in Denver around 3 PM anyway. So, it appears they'll let TOP12's pick their machines at 5 PM, then you can start playing on them....For warm up is what I expected, but I see it says scores from 5PM-midnight Friday WILL be accepted. OK...jsut a little early bird chance. I doubt I will do any serious Friday evening. I'll be playign a little, having some beers and mingling Friday evening to be ready for Sat-Sun.

danman123456:
Well it sounds like the event formally begins at 5pm on Friday from the announcement. It also looks like they say they have 22 machines. That means 10 wildcard machines?

The wildcard scores from Friday were due to reset on Saturday last I heard so is that the case or is the extra day of gameplay a perk the Top 12 get if they wish to do so? (Which is perfectly cool with me and since the WCR people won't play on Friday i would hope the WC scores on Friday don't carry over).

I'll ping on Cat/Richie as I don't have Jourdan as a friend on Facebook but the "Special" hotel rate is ONLY for the 15th - 17th. Since I'll need to play on Friday most likely I'll have to fly in on Thur and then fly out on Monday (Who will check out on Sunday if your staying for the awards?!?!). I'm hoping this is just an error but its $119 a night and only for the 15th - 17th now. I try any other dates it tells me no rooms available.

I want a Fix It Felix Jr if at all possible :D
Game on...

ChrisP:
Actually, this is even weirder than it was on my first read.

Looking at this again, the document says that ALL players can begin playing at 11 AM, before the official machine selection even happens.

So let me get this straight:
- Official play for the top 12 begins at 11 AM Friday
- Play pauses for machine selection at 5 PM (after six hours of play)
- Play continues until midnight
- The next morning at 10, there is a players meeting, introductions, and the first quarter drop at 11:30, last at 8.

In other words, it's not actually two days, it's three, the first day is the longest, machine selection doesn't happen until halfway through Day 1, and the players don't get introduced until Day 2???

Scoundrl:

--- Quote from: ChrisP on July 24, 2013, 05:11:02 pm ---Actually, this is even weirder than it was on my first read.

Looking at this again, the document says that ALL players can begin playing at 11 AM, before the official machine selection even happens.

So let me get this straight:
- Official play for the top 12 begins at 11 AM Friday
- Play pauses for machine selection at 5 PM (after six hours of play)
- Play continues until midnight
- The next morning at 10, there is a players meeting, introductions, and the first quarter drop at 11:30, last at 8.

In other words, it's not actually two days, it's three, the first day is the longest, machine selection doesn't happen until halfway through Day 1, and the players don't get introduced until Day 2???

--- End quote ---

You nailed it, now quit bitching about it. You want a tournament your way put up some cash and see if you can do a better job. Seriously, this cry baby bullshit needs to stop.

LMDAVE:
"All players - inclusive of the Wildcard players- will have the option to begin gameplay at around 11am" I read that as all of the wildcard players can start at 11 am on Friday, only on the set number of wildcard machines though. THe top 12 machines will always be open for the top 12 to bounce around and see which one they like. After they pick their machine at 5PM, the can start an early-bird special night, but the official kickoff of the kong off with the bells and whistles will be Saturday at 11 AM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version