General Donkey Kong Discussion > The Kong Off

KO3 official announcement

(1/14) > >>

hchien:
In case you haven't seen:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/article/2418/kong-off-3-udates-and-contest-news/

ChrisP:
Well that was sudden.

Jourdan sent a message to us this morning and said "I'd like to get this up today," then there were a bunch of "OK, go for its," and by the time I got to it, it was up.

I don't know what to tell ya. I've asked questions repeatedly and none of them were answered.

Does anyone understand the Friday format? I certainly don't. The top 12 players can start playing for competitive scores on Friday night? As in, before the event actually starts?? Huh? What about the wildcard qualifiers? Do they have from 11-5 to play, 11 to midnight? When is the cutoff, exactly? People are paying to get into that live qualifier, they ought to know.

I would have liked to get Friday clarified, among other things, but oh well.

Xermon54:

--- Quote ---I would have liked to get Friday clarified, among other things, but oh well.
--- End quote ---

You won't need to get Friday clarified if you burst your ass and make it to top 12!  ;). Kidding.

The prize money are pretty cool (1st- 3k 2nd- 1k 3rd- 500$). The Kong Off 3 is going to be pretty good!

ChrisP:
I'm personally concerned about Friday because, not only do I have zero chance of getting into the top 12, there's a very good chance I won't get one of the 8 wildcard spots in the online tourneys either.

I may have been good in 2011, but I suck by 2013 standards! Friday is my only chance!

But beyond that, I just don't understand what the schedule is for the top 12 players. Because this seems to be saying that the contest actually begins on Friday night. I don't get that.

If the official scoreboard starts at 5 and goes to midnight, that's almost a full day's worth of play. Dean could have 1.1 before the "opening ceremony" has even happened!

xelnia:

--- Quote from: Xermon54 on July 24, 2013, 01:58:03 pm ---...if you burst your ass...

--- End quote ---

Gross...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version