Feedback > Comments and Suggestions

Japan Set high scores and Ideas

(1/1)

cheetah33p:
Hello Corey and everyone who is reading my message,
      I thought why not have like mini tournaments using the different versions of Donkey Kong like the Japan Sets including the US sets too and have a chance to win something like nostalgia or something cool!  :-).  I've never won anything online before and would be kinda cool to have a chance at winning something!  :-).  Even a DK hat or something cool like that or a DK shirt or something!  :-).  Too bad not a DK USB Controller!  :-).  LOL!  Just an idea! 

corey.chambers:
There are different tournaments at different times such as the WCR or a no-hammer challenge. There very could be a fun Japan Set challenge at any time if people are interested. It is actually difficult for newer players to win anything in a tournament, at least the ones I have seen. Ethan and I, in the future, will be talking about a possible pay-to-play format where a small registration fee of $10, or something like that, will go into a pot, and then we would break up the participants into divisions, and then players can place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in their own division and a small portion of the pot. We are still discussing the idea, but it would greatly depend on those who are interested. I am thinking that since more people will have a chance to win something that there may be more interest by younger players who could win their own skill division, whether based on high score, or a rating concept that Ethan and I have been talking about. All drawing board stuff. Once these other DK games have high score lists I am sure there will be more interest in getting their name on the board.

marinomitch13:
Corey, if you guys are gonna plan some sort of tournament, I suggest making a poll to see what game people would want to play most (you can exclude normal DK from the options, if you want).

corey.chambers:
Obviously, the tournament idea that Ethan and I are working on will be US Set 1, so that both MAME and Arcade players can participate. I personally don't have interest in the other rom sets even though I had started on Japan Set 1. I actually encourage new players practice with Japan Set 1 but again it is just as easy or even faster to just do the same four boards with save states. A day before I got my first killscreen I had done the pie stage 100 times to see what my success rate was. I got 89% at that time and then I had the confidence I needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version