High Score Lists > Donkey Kong Junior High Score List

Donkey Kong Jr. High Score List General Discussion

<< < (12/12)

DadsGlasses:
I just picked up a DK Jr cabinet today. It has the original board, but the board has the HSS Kit added. Is this still acceptable for posting scores to the list?

Also, if I send the board to Mikes Arcade for a Double DK Upgrade, will I still be eligible to post DK Jr scores on the HSL?  (I understand the Double DK Board is no good for DK HSL)

If I read the rules correctly, I need to video record the game and then show video of the inside of my cabinet including board and controls. Is it possible to do just one video of my inner cabinet so that I don't have to pull it out and open it up each time I improve my score?  Sort of like getting my cabinet verified once?  As long as I show resets in my other vids to demonstrate 3 men etx?

What is the correct setting for the bonus Jumpman for DK Jr?  Currently my cabinet is set to 3 men plus a bonus at 10,000. Is this where I should leave it?

Thanks for your help. I'm certainly not a world record contender, just a beginner, but it would be fun to post a score up on the HSL.

ChrisP:

--- Quote from: DadsGlasses on May 24, 2015, 02:58:19 pm ---I just picked up a DK Jr cabinet today. It has the original board, but the board has the HSS Kit added. Is this still acceptable for posting scores to the list?

--- End quote ---

Yes.  :)

--- Quote from: DadsGlasses on May 24, 2015, 02:58:19 pm ---Also, if I send the board to Mikes Arcade for a Double DK Upgrade, will I still be eligible to post DK Jr scores on the HSL?  (I understand the Double DK Board is no good for DK HSL)

--- End quote ---

Personally, I don't think anyone should ever DDK their Junior board. The procedure makes permanent physical changes to the board, you end up with DK with Junior sound effects (yuk), a DK that you can't use for competiion (blah), and the surgery costs about as much (or more) as simply buying a DK board outright.

IMO, if it's really important to be able to switch between DK and Junior in the same cab, you can get a switcher for that.

DDK just isn't a very good product, it disfigures Junior PCBs, and better alternatives are available.

--- Quote from: DadsGlasses on May 24, 2015, 02:58:19 pm ---If I read the rules correctly, I need to video record the game and then show video of the inside of my cabinet including board and controls. Is it possible to do just one video of my inner cabinet so that I don't have to pull it out and open it up each time I improve my score?  Sort of like getting my cabinet verified once?  As long as I show resets in my other vids to demonstrate 3 men etx?

--- End quote ---

For TG, you can do whatever you feel will give your submission the best chance of being accepted. That would include showing the internals, I would say.

For DKF, I don't think anyone is going to put too much scrutiny on a less than million point game.

One thing that I've never seen anyone try is going through the coin door to get shots of the internals. If you have a flashlight and your camera is small enough (and what phone/webcam isn't?) you could try it that way and it would be much simpler than pulling it out and taking off the back door, etc.

--- Quote from: DadsGlasses on May 24, 2015, 02:58:19 pm ---What is the correct setting for the bonus Jumpman for DK Jr?  Currently my cabinet is set to 3 men plus a bonus at 10,000. Is this where I should leave it?

--- End quote ---

Yes.

DadsGlasses:
ChrisP: thanks so much for the detailed response. I really appreciate it.

xelnia:
The following two scores have been removed from the DK and DKJR HSLs. These scores were entered during the period where it was likely that scores were being self-entered into the TG database, or entered by others with no verification. They are part of a group of nearly two dozen cross-platform scores that all have the same date and have a "Referee" verification tag. Corcoran has a DK3 score that will stand, since that was part of Mark Longridge's collection of MAME scores and would not have been entered by Corcoran himself.

See this thread on TG for more information.

Donkey Kong
Rank  ​  Score  ​  KS  ​  Player  ​  Date  ​  Platform  ​  Source379​41,100​​​Ron Corcoran​05/13/2001​Arcade​TG
Donkey Kong Junior
Rank  ​  Score  ​  KS  ​  Player  ​  Date  ​  Platform  ​  Source71​118,700​​​Ron Corcoran​05/13/2001​Arcade​TG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version