Streaming > Streaming Events

The DK Open: WCR #3 is now open to *ALL* Donkey Kong players!

(1/4) > >>

tessler1134:
ATTENTION !!!   :o

The Donkey Kong Wild Card Tournament Rematch #3 is now open to *ALL* players - anyone on this planet who plays Donkey Kong! Yes, even Hank Chien, Vincent Lemay and the remaining top 12 may participate (uh oh...)! We will temporarily call this a "DK Open", with the right to change the name later on  8) All players are entitled to win the prize money and bounties.

KO 3 note: We are still taking the top 8 players over the next 3 contests for the KO 3 wildcard division as previously stated. This will now allow players who are in the top 12 to establish a score so in case they get knocked out of the top 12 they may still qualify for the wildcard division. The top 8 wildcard players will not be announced until the top 12 are finalized for the KO 3 (10/25/2013).

We also added some new bounties and new rules, here they are summarized below, however please review the official set of rules at this location: https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=297.0

Bounties
$50.00 - First 1 Million Point submission: Dan Desjardins
$50.00 - Highest score at the end of level 1-1: Eric Tessler
$50.00 - Best start on your first jump man in terms of # of boards completed: Eric Tessler
$25.00 - Mystery bounty: Eric Tessler

Updated rules

- Any contestant may now register for this contest, it is open to any person on this planet that plays Donkey Kong !!!

- Once a contestant wins prize money in a tournament (bounties are not included), they cannot win any more prize money for the following 2 tournaments (after the next 2 tournaments, that player will once again be allowed to win some prize money). This will allow different people to have a chance at winning some prize money.

Good luck to everyone and kick some ass!!!!

DISCLAIMER: In case I mentioned something above incorrectly, I reserve the right to change anything on this page!  ;) I am sure John will let me know!

hchien:
Thanks Eric, I'm not sure if this was in response to my post but I do feel it's the right thing to do.  I will try to participate but I have a few hurdles (my laptop is out for repair and I'm severely out of shape).  If I do participate I'd like to exclude myself from any prize money.  I'd be happy just to participate.

tessler1134:

--- Quote ---Thanks Eric, I'm not sure if this was in response to my post but I do feel it's the right thing to do.  I will try to participate but I have a few hurdles (my laptop is out for repair and I'm severely out of shape).  If I do participate I'd like to exclude myself from any prize money.  I'd be happy just to participate.
--- End quote ---

It's a little of everything - John and I wanted to open this up to everyone at some point, so we figured it was about time to do so. We are trying to make this as fair as possible  ;)

Don't worry Hank, even with your lack of practice (assuming that is what you meant :)), you will still likely kick our asses  ::) LOL

Xermon54:

--- Quote ---I will try to participate but I have a few hurdles (my laptop is out for repair and I'm severely out of shape)
--- End quote ---

Me too I'm severely out of shape. I am THAT out of shape that 2 weeks ago, I played Donkey Kong at Funspot, took the bottom hammer all the way and even did some grouping, and still only got 543k for my kill screen.

But joke aside, that's cool that everyone can participate. In one day, everything can happen, even if your highscore is 1.1m+ or 800k. Personally, if I play, it will be to try to beat Phil's 1-1 score of last wild card rematch (13,100), and if I'm more luckier, maybe try to get a shot at 13,600!

JohnTheLawnMan:
Hank,,

You and a few others had the same concern, and we were totally on board.  We just had to decide on a few "winner" rules so we could evenly distribute the prize money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version