Streaming > Streaming Events

Streaming Tournament for Everyone?

(1/8) > >>

up2ng:
Just throwing an idea out there, although I don't want to be the one to try to organize it -- some of you guys are doing an excellent job at that already.  I've seen the popularity of the Wildcard Rematch Tournaments and was curious if someone might organize a streaming tournament event that includes everyone?

The obvious way to handle it to make it the most fair is to incorporate some sort of handicapping system.  For example, I would propose a system which sets a baseline score at 900,000 points and then everyone whose top score (according to the DKF scoreboard?) is higher than that is handicapped at, say, 80% of the difference between their high score and 900k.

For example, a player with a Personal Best of 850,000 points would enter the tournament with a handicap of "0".  Another player with a Personal Best of 1,100,000 points would enter the tournament with a handicap of 0.8 * (1,100,000 - 900,000) = "-160,000".  So, if the first player has the game of his life and scores 1,000,000 points during the tournament, the second player would have to score 1,160,000 points to beat him.

What do you guys think?

LMDAVE:
Its funny you brought this up because I was just coming to talk about the new KO3 Wildcard rules that were just posted.

But, It would be cool to be allowed to play in some of these tournament that are going on all yea. We like to compete too :). For the top 12 in the Kong Off, we've been held out of these other tournaments throughout the year. But, even the top 12 have good days and bad days, so someone not in the top 12 could win it also on any given weekend.

Like Dean said, I'm not much of an event organizer either, but it would be cool to have some event that included everyone.

Well, either way, Kong Off 3 dedicated players are going to have to start hyping Kong Off 3 main event. There hasn't been much talk about KO3 main event. Wildcard is going to be stealing the show!  ;)

xelnia:
I like this idea! The Kong Off is obviously a huge main event for the DK community but I think having other tournaments, especially ones that are focused around the DKF, would be great. It would be easier for everyone to be involved, at least. Maybe have a DK Triple Crown competition with DK, DKJR, and DK3? A crap DK tourney with all the bootlegs and knock-offs? Throw D2K in there somewhere?

It might be hard to organize if there is a WCR every other month, but I'm sure it could be worked out.  :D

Milehighdt:

--- Quote ---we've been held out of these other tournaments throughout the year
--- End quote ---

The No Hammer tournament was open to everyone

LMDAVE:

--- Quote from: Milehighdt on June 05, 2013, 02:46:18 pm ---
--- Quote ---we've been held out of these other tournaments throughout the year
--- End quote ---

The No Hammer tournament was open to everyone

--- End quote ---

I was referring to the wildcard tournaments.

No Hammer was cool, but that just a variation only certain players try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version