Related Games > Donkey Kong Junior

Say what you want about Jr the top 10 score list is amazing

(1/3) > >>

homerwannabee:
Despite the haterade by the nay sayers Donkey Kong Junior has one of the greatest top 10 score lists in all of arcade gaming.
Given how strong the competition has gotten over the past 10 years I dare say it is easily in the top 5.
Yes, a lot of the competition has been because of Donkey Kong. But still getting a 1.3 million score to make the top 10 is incredibly hard given personal experience.
As far as competition goes, it's an A plus level game.

Dallas Taylor:

--- Quote from: homerwannabee on September 13, 2021, 07:11:49 am ---Despite the haterade by the nay sayers Donkey Kong Junior has one of the greatest top 10 score lists in all of arcade gaming.
Given how strong the competition has gotten over the past 10 years I dare say it is easily in the top 5.
Yes, a lot of the competition has been because of Donkey Kong. But still getting a 1.3 million score to make the top 10 is incredibly hard given personal experience.
As far as competition goes, it's an A plus level game.

--- End quote ---

Well said Mr. Riley.

I'm hoping that some of these "Kings of Kong" see what Justin Elliott did and decide to go for their Master rankings. Can't wait to see Mr. Tecchio playing Junior!!!  ;D ;D ;D

As for the scoring, I think I've proven that if you're willing to take the time to press for everything you can get, 1.3 is actually pretty easy to pull off. I'd be really interested to see what some of you guys who haven't played for a while would get using current pressing techniques. There are a slew of you guys that I think could pull off 1.4 without breaking much of a sweat if you wanted to do so.

Mr. Chambers is playing again, as is Mr. McGill. If we could get the Barrow's, Copeland's and... Riley's of the world to have a go, I think that top ten list could require a 1.4 to break into within a year or so.

For now, I'm just happy to see people playing the red-headed stepchild of Donkey Kong :)

Barra:
Competition has definitely come a long way in the past ~2 years which is awesome! Lots of new strategies uncovered and some great players have come through.

1.3m is still no easy feat but it's definitely a lot more accessible than in the past.
I still think 1.5m is the holy grail for this game. No doubt that its possible, just takes 2 or more people to push each other to the limit. If this title had the same attention that DK has had over the years I have no doubt the current record would be low-to-mid-1.5m

I'd like to take another stab at this title after I up my DK score (who knows how long that will take :) )

GILLYKONG:
Man I don't know what's going on.  But huge scores are 100% incoming!!! <popcorn>

homerwannabee:
Like I said, given personal experience.  I admit I naturally suck at the game.  My score is basically fufilling close to my true potential. If I had even the slightest bit of natural talent in the game I would think about it.
But I did what I set out to do in the game. I feel that my biggest weakness is still not being good overall in classic gaming.
My lousy results from this prior Yolympics is a perfect example.  So I believe my all around gaming still has a lot of room for improvement, and I'd like to focus on that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version