High Score Lists > Donkey Kong High Score Lists

Robbie's 1.272

(1/36) > >>

lakeman421:
Robbie Lakeman
06/08/21
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUJilnaifug

Fliplismc:
So lowering your voltage got you an extra 100 points?

John73:

--- Quote from: lakeman421 on June 08, 2021, 10:30:24 pm ---Robbie Lakeman
06/08/21
--- End quote ---

GG.  Not sure if it's just me, but there is no sound on the YouTube video for some reason :(

xelnia:

--- Quote from: lakeman421 on June 08, 2021, 10:30:24 pm ---Robbie Lakeman
06/08/21
--- End quote ---

As it stands, I will not be accepting this score. Over the past several months Robbie has publicly declared his intent to manipulate DK hardware in an attempt to get more favorable RNG in his games, namely by lowering the voltage delivered to the DK PCB. While this specific hardware modification is not explicitly against the DKF submission rules, I do believe it's a violation of the fair play rules:

--- Quote ---D. Special
      d. Any score may be rejected if a player uses a technique or method not mentioned here, if it violates the spirit of the game and the spirit of fair play.

--- End quote ---

To be clear, I am not rejecting this score because I believe Robbie has actually given himself an unfair advantage or succeeded in his attempts to improve the game's RNG. At best, modifying the game's voltage results in a placebo effect. At worst, it results in a malfunctioning game. In fact, considered in a vacuum, this game may very well be a completely legitimate performance.

I am rejecting this score because Robbie has shown a willingness to alter the gameplay, and the possibility of other alterations (either in this submission or in the future) can't be ignored.

Oh, and his submission has no audio ffs.

However, since Robbie considers me a "biased prick", it seems it would be judicious to get input from the community (which Robbie has recently labeled as "DKFairies", I believe). Please share your thoughts, whatever they might be.

I will be busy Thursday-Saturday and probably won't have time to respond to anything in that timeframe.

Sock Master:
Congratulations, Robbie!  Good game

I am not a fan of the poor sportsmanship, hypocrisy and abusive behavior towards other players.  Frequently accusing other players of cheating while simultaneously doing your best to cheat yourself (even if ineffectively) is not a good approach and is doing everyone, especially yourself a disfavor.   Please consider being more mindful of your position in the community and how it affects other players.

That aside, I think it's a valid game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version