Related Games > DK and DKJR Remix

Running DK Spooky Remix in Retropie

<< < (2/3) > >>

dnb642:
FWIW I was having similar problems and did get Spooky (dkongx11.zip) to run on Retropie lr-mame 2016.  Since I already had DK Christmas (also dkongx11.zip) running out of the arcade folder I had to create a separate folder (Donkey Kong Spooky) within the arcade folder and put the Spooky (dkongx11.zip) file there.  That's not all though, I also had to take a copy of dkong.zip and put it in the Donkey Kong Spooky folder as well.  Once I did that, it is all working now.

I am having two other problems though and although this is probably not the best place to post it I will share in case anyone else is having the same issues. These issues are only with the Remix games (including Pauline Edition) running in lr-mame 2016.  It may be a global lr-mame 2016 issue, but I don't know because all my other games run in advance-mame.

1. I've built my control panel with 2 joysticks and whenever I use the 2nd joystick, down position (mapped to keyboard key F) the game pauses and the screen blacks out for a couple seconds then resumes.

2. I cannot get high scores to save in these games.  All of my advance-mame games save, but the Remix games do not.

Any help with my issues are appreciated as well.

Cheers

2x4:
I want to get this running on retroarch too. I wish mame would just support the remix roms.  It would also be nice if there was a simple guide with all the rom links necessary to play each game. FYI I got the Christmas version running when I open the dkong rom. Not sure what's going on there.  BTW my first post in the forum, so thanks so much for creating these awesome new roms.

StamosMullet:
Hey -

So new to the forum, and the remix versions of DK!

I have Spooky and XMas remixes running in my Arcade1up modded Retropie cab - and they work great, but I'm curious if there is a way to access the DIP switch menus in either FBNeo or MAME so you can change the number of lives, Extra life score value, etc? Seems like that is disabled - at least in FBNeo.

10yard:

--- Quote ---I have Spooky and XMas remixes running in my Arcade1up modded Retropie cab - and they work great, but I'm curious if there is a way to access the DIP switch menus in either FBNeo or MAME so you can change the number of lives, Extra life score value, etc? Seems like that is disabled - at least in FBNeo.
--- End quote ---

lr-fbneo exposes all the dipswitch options of any given game as Core Options. See Setting Core Options - https://retropie.org.uk/docs/RetroArch-Core-Options/#setting-core-options

For MAME,  typically you would plug a keyboard, hit the <tab> key during the game and select DIPs option.

StamosMullet:

--- Quote from: 10yard on August 18, 2021, 01:59:31 am ---
--- Quote ---I have Spooky and XMas remixes running in my Arcade1up modded Retropie cab - and they work great, but I'm curious if there is a way to access the DIP switch menus in either FBNeo or MAME so you can change the number of lives, Extra life score value, etc? Seems like that is disabled - at least in FBNeo.
--- End quote ---

lr-fbneo exposes all the dipswitch options of any given game as Core Options. See Setting Core Options - https://retropie.org.uk/docs/RetroArch-Core-Options/#setting-core-options

For MAME,  typically you would plug a keyboard, hit the <tab> key during the game and select DIPs option.

--- End quote ---

Thank you. I'm aware of how to access the core options in FBNeo and TAB menu in MAME.

When you do that with these two games/clones/hacks there is nothing there to configure. Are these options disabled programmatically?

Since these are hacks/clones of DK II, I would have normally assumed you would be greeted with config menu built into the game that you normally see at startup, but that appears to be disabled too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version