Related Games > DK and DKJR Remix

Running DK Spooky Remix in Retropie

<< < (3/3)

Sock Master:

--- Quote from: StamosMullet on August 18, 2021, 07:17:47 am ---Thank you. I'm aware of how to access the core options in FBNeo and TAB menu in MAME.

When you do that with these two games/clones/hacks there is nothing there to configure. Are these options disabled programmatically?

Since these are hacks/clones of DK II, I would have normally assumed you would be greeted with config menu built into the game that you normally see at startup, but that appears to be disabled too.

--- End quote ---

There's no DK II config menu because these games aren't hacks of DK II and don't use any of DK II's code.  There are no options to change the settings because they were made with fixed settings for tournament play.

StamosMullet:

--- Quote from: Sock Master on August 18, 2021, 04:43:59 pm ---
--- Quote from: StamosMullet on August 18, 2021, 07:17:47 am ---Thank you. I'm aware of how to access the core options in FBNeo and TAB menu in MAME.

When you do that with these two games/clones/hacks there is nothing there to configure. Are these options disabled programmatically?

Since these are hacks/clones of DK II, I would have normally assumed you would be greeted with config menu built into the game that you normally see at startup, but that appears to be disabled too.

--- End quote ---

There's no DK II config menu because these games aren't hacks of DK II and don't use any of DK II's code.  There are no options to change the settings because they were made with fixed settings for tournament play.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the clarification, that makes sense.

Will they ever be released with those options configurable (in ROM format), since the tournament is long since over?

I would gladly pay for a copy of fully configurable ROMs.

I'd love to buy the kit for a real DK board, but I don't own a real DK board, or cabinet, or any of the other hardware required to get one running, and it's not like those are available for purchase new or easy to find.

StamosMullet:
So take it from the lack of replies, that would be a "no" on releasing the roms with config/service menu available?  <Billy>

Bummer, since the games work in several emulators, but none of the config options work, and they can't save high scores.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version