Other Lists > Steve's List Forum

Games you probably wasted too much time to get a high score on

(1/2) > >>

homerwannabee:
For me, it has to be 1942.  I simply naturally suck at the game.  I think I spend about 40 hours on the game, and got a score of 414k.  I heard Steve Wagner played the game once and got 600k on the game.  Of course this was during a time when I didn't use save states, but still, I struggled WAY too much on the game, and only became mediocre for my efforts.

So how about you.  What's the game or games you look back on, and go, "Yeah, I spent way too much time on this game, and it got me nowhere score wise."

Pearl:
touhou 4

furiouswolf666:
For me I would go with Kicker and Mario Bros (Japan version). Those games spend me so much time for a high score.

dimmu--borgir:
Never go for score but survival/1CC. Dont know if this qualifys but the time I used on the dragon Dark Eater Midr on Dark Souls 3 is insane. With sorcerer. Guess going nowhere at Popolous on the Amiga back in the 90ies counts though. Damn.

dnickolas:
Guitar Hero 3 - I naturally suck at it. Took me 3 years to pass everything on expert. Went through a lot of guitars.

But forcing yourself to get good at something that doesn’t come naturally helps you grow as a gamer. Made me better at DDR, and in some respects I’m better at DK than I would be otherwise. Biggest hurdle on that now is mental endurance and not getting bored an hour and a half in. When I get that, I’m sure it’ll help me with something else in gaming or life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version