Feedback > Comments and Suggestions

Shoutbox hangs when entering the forum

(1/2) > >>

Robert:
Like it says. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Today I entered the forum and went to do other things. 2 hours later the shoutbox still has nothing and the little windows circle is going round and round.

Also, I when it *does* work, I noticed the entries are out of date order - it's impossible to follow a conversation.

Any chance of fixing it?

Using latest Firefox (62.0.3)

homerwannabee:
Hmm, it might be because you are using the non default skin, because for me the shoutbox seems to be working great.

Weehawk:
It hangs a lot for me lately, but I figure it's more likely a function of my internet connection than the forum software. I just have to refresh whenever I see the circling icon stuck.

I've never seen the messages out of order, though.

Robert:
I think the messages out of order might have been a mistake on my part. The date-time format has a pipe character which confused me until I just took a closer look. Now I can see it is in order.

[18|Oct 11:23 PM]

This time the shoutbox appeared straight away. I'll see how it goes in future.

Even though I use 24 hour time in my preferences, the shoutbox shows AM and PM, but I assume that's because the shoutbox is different software to the forum.

QAOP Spaceman:

I thought the messages-out-of-sequence problem was perhaps just an optical illusion, because the important topics (my undercrackers,  <Pigger> and butter, b***ball talk, did Barra say something was ok or not, etc. ) are always being interrupted and intercut with nonsense about 40-year-old video games -  creating the unfortunate impression to new users that Shouty is full of non-sequential, ill-informed gibberish. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version