Related Games > DK and DKJR Remix

Donkey Kong Spooky Remix

(1/6) > >>

Sock Master:
I figured it'd be fun to start a thread here specifically for the Spooky version of Donkey Kong Remix.

There are a number of changes, new additions, easter eggs and other extra features in DK Spooky Remix that make it different from DK Remix.  The scoring and gameplay are a bit different and there's strategies to be discovered to best take advantage of these features.

I'll update the list below as discoveries are reported.  A kind of easter egg hunt for players.

-------------Secret DK Spooky Remix Gameplay Differences-------------
#Discovery             Found by        Comment1LuigiFlobeamerplayable character2Warp pipeskips the stage3Ladder dismountauto unstick4Shellcreeperin-game character5Goombain-game character6Rejump assistFrame-perfect rejumps when jump button is pressed before landing7Prize scoringIncreasing point values as more prizes are collected each level8Anti-leechBats/ghosts can climb down when leeched9Shy Guysin-game character10Thwimpsin-game character11GiuseppeSyscrusherplayable character12Broken ladderscan be climbed down13Jump bonusis now 100,300,600,800,1000...14Bat/ghost jumpingwon't reverse or use ladders when jumped15Additional prizessome barrel stages prize pickups16??.....17??.....18??.....19??........??.....
The thread should be a good place to discuss strategies in general.  I know I'm leaving it a bit blank for now but I think it'll be interesting once the tournament starts.  I think other players will be interested in your strategies, discoveries, etc.

Thanks and I hope everyone enjoys the game :)

Sock Master:
I'm also adding a list of things that Pauline transforms Jumpman into and updating it as the tourney progresses.

---------Jumpman Transformations---------
Level   Transformation   Found by1Frog2Spider3Snake4Sidestepper5Luigi6Shellcreeper7Goomba8Donkey Kong Junior9Shy Guy10Ninji11Fireball12Jack-o-Lantern13Ghost14Candy corn15Pumpkin pie16?17?18?19?...?

krehztim:
Having fun starting to play this one, thanks Sock.  I'm seeing a lot of patterned behavior, especially on the first two levels, with the ghosts, sidesteppers, even wild barrels.  Is it an issue with my MAME setup, or something to exploit.  I guess we'll find out . . .

Is there a scoreboard?

xelnia:

--- Quote from: krehztim on October 02, 2018, 07:30:03 pm ---Is there a scoreboard?

--- End quote ---

There's a link to the leaderboard at the top of the tourney thread.

Sock Master:

--- Quote from: krehztim on October 02, 2018, 07:30:03 pm ---Having fun starting to play this one, thanks Sock.  I'm seeing a lot of patterned behavior, especially on the first two levels, with the ghosts, sidesteppers, even wild barrels.  Is it an issue with my MAME setup, or something to exploit.  I guess we'll find out . . .

--- End quote ---

The sense of deja-vu in the game seems kinda spooky even

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version