General Donkey Kong Discussion > The Kong Off

My take on all this drama

(1/5) > >>

RichieKnucklez:
I work my ass off to make the Kong Off a fun event. Most importantly a place where friends come together to celebrate a game we all love so much. I made the decision to invite many players to Kong Off 1 in my arcade way back when because it is so much more than the drama the King Of Kong created. It is a double edged sword. It also brought many people into our hobby but along came the hate. I am not going to drag this on, I just want to say last night's appearance on Dave's show was a mistake. Not the place to discuss what we have here. I am just here to say everyone that wants to come to the Kong Off 6 and have FUN, please come and join the fun. I am working on breaking our current record of 22 machines, so there will be plenty of wild card machines for everyone. If you want your player profile and picture added to www.thekongoff.com please email me at richie@richieknucklez.games.

Lets try and get passed this. I know a lot of you have your opinions of Billy. I have known him for almost a decade and he is not a liar nor a cheater. I admit there are a lot of people technically smarter than me out there but until the proof is indisputable, I stand behind my friend. Hate me for it or not, it is who I am. Loyalty means a lot to me. Ask Hank Chien.

If anyone wants to contact me you can text me at 908.797.7901 or email richie@richieknucklez.games. Please help Jeff, Dan, and myself make this another fun Kong Off. I was on such a high after returning from Australia it saddens me to come home to this.

Hope to see you guys in March at Banning

~Richie K

P.S. Tim Sczerby if you read this, I hope we are still friends. I really enjoyed having you out to my arcade way back when. I would love to have you participate and get your day in the sun. I promise I will do my best to help spread the word about how hard you were PSP'd
let me know what it will take to get you out to a Kong Off. I am broke as a joke but maybe we can figure out a way. I am sure I am not alone in this opinion

RichieKnucklez:
For those who are not linked to me on Facebook, here is my response to Duane calling me "unstable". Not as funny as PSP's answer to me calling him out to fist fight like men, (185lbs of cocaine wants to fight me?) that was clever but still cowardice.
 We actually had dinner with that group at least 3 times and the topic of conversation was always bagging on Billy and Walter. Despite never actually meeting Billy and Walter, Paige said to me, Lets find a new group to hang out with. The Funspot clique is a bunch of whiny bitches.
Paige is a tough b.
here is my FB post response to his explanation;
In response to Duane Richard's softball explanation; I have pictures of Duane at my arcade during the first CAGDC event. He came smelling like a horse who rolled around in his own shit for weeks. Mark Alpiger insisted he not be let in the doors. I said it was my decision who is allowed in and who is not and over ruled Mark's ban. I told Duane straight up, go anywhere you can, take a fucking shower, and if you don't smell like a dirty diaper I'll let him in. Obviously he must be the unstable one, being the only person Mark banned from his event. He came back and was a total gentleman, in fact I like hanging around with him. He was quite a character. Over the next few weeks he called me a few times just to bullshit. We were starting to become friends. I remember it well, I was in the parking lot of a wal mart when he called and asked me to participate in a Mame Donkey Kong ruse. In his exact words, to put egg on Twin Galaxies face. I told him I was not interested. Other people around this exact time frame will be coming forward with similar stories. people i do not know and do not know me. This is such a sad sad grab at trying to stay relevant in a scene that has passed you by. simply that.

WCopeland:
No one here hates you, and the Kong Offs have been extremely beneficial to the community.

To make sure I'm completely following, are you saying that Dwayne manipulated this footage?

RichieKnucklez:
I am just saying I don't trust anything from Duane. I've already located the original copy Walter gave to the then senior referee.
It is in the mail on it's way to me. that will remove Duane from the equation.

RichieKnucklez:
All this "the way Mame draws is different than original hardware" is also being thoroughly investigated. I have in my opinion one of the best board repair guys on the planet looking into how different brand processors behave differently, etc.. stay tuned.
Disclaimer; I'm not saying the evidence is bogus, I'm just making sure we know beyond a shadow of doubt that MAME ONLY can produce these frame draws. Imagine if it is proven that with the right mix of different brand components original hardware can produce what Billy's tape holds. That will be earth shattering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version