Related Games > DK and DKJR Remix

Donkey Kong Junior Remix

<< < (2/14) > >>

Sock Master:
One more little update.  I've started experimenting with variations of the Mario's Hideout stage.
So far I had been concentrating on fixing general things in the game/code, and sometimes expanding existing elements in the game.
Rather than changing existing enemy AI too much, I decided it might be good to add most of the AI changes to new variations of the original enemies.  This way the orange and blue sparks keep behaving as expected, but the new dark sparks have new abilities, like being able to go up paths and also vines in some cases.
I tried to keep things consistent with the original game, so the new sparks can only go up or down paths/vines when there is a graphical marker in the stage that says they could.

It turns out pretty interesting to see them able to get to places they couldn't before.  I'm still aiming to add some additional new stuff later on, but here's an in-progress screenshot.

Sock Master:
Things finally seem to be sailing more smoothly.   The stuff I worked on earlier to make the game engine more flexible is starting to pay off - this stage was much quicker to implement because of it.

These screenshots are still in-progress experiments so they're bound to keep changing over time, but I like the concept.

Barra:
Jesus that looks brutal! Kreygasm

Sock Master:
I'll try to keep the number of birds reasonably low and depending on testing I might open up the center of the middle platform or some other changes or adjustments.   Maybe switch to the other type of Nitpicker since they have smaller hitboxes.   I like the idea and I'm going to try to make sure it's fair.

treborlicec:
John,
My money is yours as soon as you're ready <gasp> with this.  Love my DK Remix.  Popeye next.  I know, too soon.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version