Forum Archive > Team DKF IGBY Discussion

Paperboy (Hard Way) Discussion

(1/2) > >>

xelnia:
Thread for Paperboy (Hard Way) strategy and tips.

Chosen by: Twin Galaxies

ROMset: paperboy
Special Rules: The "Obstacle Course Trick", the "Grandstand Trick", and the "Lawnmower Trick" are all banned tactics. Usage of any will disqualify the score.
Difficulty: Med. Hard
Bonus Life: 15000
Lives: 3
All Unknown: Off

DaLar:
I like Paperboy -- get ready to correct-tap (mame Paperboy always drifts slightly to the right) :)
Hard Way is espc. tricky when having to cross the road (half way through every day)

Remember mame defaults to 4 lives (!)

krehztim:
Is there a f'ing strategy for this one???  I've watched a couple of Youtube videos, and they just seem to go REALLY slow to be sure of max breakage and mailbox bullseyes.  Game has no business in a tournament.

ChrisP:
IMO, there are much, much worse tourney games! I think this might be one of the better ones actually, particularly with this lineup (Mortal Kombat on Very Hard for score? Come off it!)

Going slow is an important strategy, but if you go TOO slow, a cloud of bees comes at you, so it's not without risk and you have to balance speed against the bee problem.

However, you're right about it being problematic for tournaments in the sense that the game is harder on anything other than original controls. I've been struggling with it a bit, but I played at California Extreme yesterday on a cab, and even with the true "bike" controls being a little loose and not calibrated perfectly, game just plays much better on original controls. I was doing better straight away. No way of filming attempts though.

xelnia:
Tommi Tiihonen's 396k:

! No longer available

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version