Forum Archive > Team DKF IGBY Discussion

1943 Kai: Midway Kaisen Discussion

(1/4) > >>

xelnia:
Thread for 1943 Kai: Midway Kaisen strategy and tips.

Chosen by: AtariAge Highscore

ROMset: 1943kai (Play on RU)
Difficulty: 8 (Normal)

xelnia:
The hidden weapon codes for 1943 Kai are not the same as 1943. Here's the list for 1943 Kai (1P side only):

Stage 1: → (Shotgun)
Stage 2: ↖ (Laser)
Stage 3: A (3-way)
Stage 4 : ↙A (3-way)
Stage 5: ← (Shell)
Stage 6: ↙B (Laser)
Stage 7: ↓AB (3-way)
Stage 8: ↙B (Laser)
Stage 9: ↖B (Shell)
Stage 10: ↑A (3-way)

Hawkins:
Trying to get to grips with 1943 Kai having played a lot of 1943 in the past. Seems a lot harder and I've found from Stage 5 the Shot Gun weapon is a must to survive. Struggled to get through 5 until I tried the Shot Gun, which makes short work of it.
Without watching any expert-player INPs to confirm it, this could be the most useful weapon in the game.

Barra:

--- Quote from: Hawkins on July 12, 2016, 09:18:23 pm ---Trying to get to grips with 1943 Kai having played a lot of 1943 in the past. Seems a lot harder and I've found from Stage 5 the Shot Gun weapon is a must to survive. Struggled to get through 5 until I tried the Shot Gun, which makes short work of it.
Without watching any expert-player INPs to confirm it, this could be the most useful weapon in the game.

--- End quote ---

Good to see you joining in, sir. Nice score too!
I played a couple of credits the other day (I've got little experience with 1943 or this), and the shotgun worked really well on stages 1 and 2. I haven't really sat down and watched any games or figured out any strats though. Might be worth learning as I'm not sure many on the team are familiar with it.
Fly? You played this?

Fly:
Never seen it. I'll get on it asap. Which is in about a week if i dont get a chance tomorrow.

Hec

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version