Related Games > Donkey Kong Junior

How to play DKjr for 1 hour record

(1/3) > >>

marinomitch13:
I was talking with Ben Falls recently and we were wondering about the complexities of how to get the most points per hour on DKjr. In the case of DKjr, is it best to always max out the hideouts, or still just run boards? Obviously, people would probably want to risk it a lot more on the chains stage trying to get the 4-5 enemy drops with the fruit. What do George and Mark say on this issue?

Also, looks like Hank has put up a good score for the 1 hr limit for the BOTA2 tourney with 480k. Way to go Hank! Maybe he will attempt another run at improving it?

homerwannabee:

--- Quote from: marinomitch13 on March 09, 2013, 06:55:35 pm ---I was talking with Ben Falls recently and we were wondering about the complexities of how to get the most points per hour on DKjr. In the case of DKjr, is it best to always max out the hideouts, or still just run boards? Obviously, people would probably want to risk it a lot more on the chains stage trying to get the 4-5 enemy drops with the fruit. What do George and Mark say on this issue?

Also, looks like Hank has put up a good score for the 1 hr limit for the BOTA2 tourney with 480k. Way to go Hank! Maybe he will attempt another run at improving it?

--- End quote ---

Well to be honest I have never played the game to get the highest score in one hour, and so I am not 100 percent sure on that.   I would suppose it would be run all the boards except the hideout IF you can pull off Dean's trick. 

marinomitch13:
I see Wags has gotten a good score too in BOTA now: 544K.

Simpsons99:
playing this game for just an hour is really a dumb rule.

You might get to around level 10  really booking through screens..   Why is George and Mark being asked this and not my self?

I do play this at a very fast pace  with getting full points per screen

marinomitch13:
Because I was assuming that the two best DKjr players would know the most about scoring pace per second on the hideouts (and other screens, if it matters) verses just running the boards. You have admitted before that you don't do max pressing on the hideouts just yet, so I was asking them, seeing as they do/have.

No diss to you Brian. It's just like how I would probably ask any highly technical questions about DK from Dean or Hank rather than someone who has only gotten 1.05m. But, if you feel you know the answer or have helpful insight, by all means, share your opinion. Mentioning Mark and George wasn't meant to wholly exclude others from piping in with their thoughts. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version