Donkey Kong Strategy > Advanced Donkey Kong Strategy

Million Point Pace: Goal Per Level Based on Start Score

<< < (2/2)

ChrisP:
I made this table with an emphasis on start score because, as I've said many times in chat and such, I don't like the start.

I want to get to L5 as quickly as possible and cut through all of the BS with the heatseeking wild barrels, unsteerable barrels, oddly-spawning fire, and other randomness.

If your goal is just a million points I feel like this is a smarter way to do it. If pressing the hell out of 1-1 or hanging around on 3-1 ends up making you restart a lot, that time adds up.

I personally would much rather get a weaker start and compensate later in the game once I know that I actually have a game going. It's a whole heck of a lot faster to do some extra grouping on L15 or whatever than to spend 30 minutes getting a good 1-1!

Taking extra risk to upgrade your pace might cause you to die, but I feel like, in the long run, you're saving time by not trying over and over to get 120K+ starts.  53K/level after a 100K start isn't TOO much to ask.

LMDAVE:
That's why I still don't taunt fireballs on level 2 and 3, and don't group hardly on level 4, nor do I make sure I get both prizes on higher elevators. I'm happy with the 120K start, while going for 1.12M range. It's nice to leave stuff in reserve, so when you reach one goal, and get ready for the next, you know where to go in your reserve to get the extra points.

MickyWinz:
Very cool.  Thanks for doing this!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version