Blogs > Player Blogs

COIN DETECTED IN POCKET

(1/3) > >>

ebinsugewa:
Badge hype <Allen>

Inspired by the 2015 goals thread I figured I would list some stuff I'd like to do and then hopefully follow up on my progress now that I have a thread to remind me about it.

The main goal is to have the 2P 1943 record. Mike SP and I reclaimed it after some folks at Galloping Ghost took it, so as of right now that's a success. There's lots of good shoot em up players at that arcade so I imagine we might have to defend it.

Donkey Kong was my first cab and what got me into classic gaming. However this was pre-DKF and I had no idea how to play the game. It frustrated me and I sold it. I've been attempting to atone ever since.

Donkey Kong
Goal: KS
Progress Goal: 200k

Crazy Kong is a game I actually like more than DK. <Tudose> I just need to sit down one weekend and actually beat it.

Crazy Kong
Goal: KS

Robotron is my project game this year. I love me some Robotron. Luckily I have access to it in many places, so practicing should be easy. I would like to be able to marathon this game by the end of the year.

Robotron
Goal: Marathon
Progress Goal: 500k/make it past wave 9 consistently
Progress: 300k

Twin Cobra is my favorite shmup (just listen to this music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUri2nYcFLg Kreygasm) and it loops, like most older games of this genre do. A clear is technically 5 stages, which is somewhat of a letdown since the game is so short. The 6th stage returns you a harder version of stage 1. I would like to make it through a full loop, which is 10 stages.

Twin Cobbas
Goal: Finish stage ten
Progress goal: Make it through stage 6 safely with some save stating
Progress: Beat stage 5

The last game I'd like to seriously play is Millipede. I'm working out a trade for a cabaret Centipede that I will install both boards into.

Millipede
Goal: 500k
Progress goal: Get 250-300k consistently
Progress: 225k

ebinsugewa:
I passed L4 springs first shot on a friend's cab tonight. I might have to practice less than I think for that. One of my DKO games I get to L4 springs with like 2-3 guys and just lose them all there because I wasn't prepared. That gives me some hope I can get 200-300k with a few serious attempts.

ebinsugewa:
After DKO6 I can up the DK target score to 200k. I was trying to get there during the tournament but I just keep losing focus on the earlier boards and dying in stupid ways. I feel like if I have a no death to L=5 game I can get there easily, but I have to play safer and not rush so much. I've also been playing a lot of Robotron and have been getting better about staying put when necessary and waiting for an opening to move (especially on wave 9) instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off <Allen> I also have to get around to verifying a separate 2P account to submit my TG score.

ebinsugewa:
Mega necro <gasp>

A lot of my gaming priorities have changed in 5 years (almost to the day). Updates:

DK sucks and I have no interest in playing it.

CK I'd like to KS sometime but no plans to even drop a credit any time soon.

I've gotten 600k in Robo with basically zero practice. I regularly make it past wave 9 with no deaths, which is cool. I am getting a cabaret soon so there should be some renewed interest in this.

Twin Cobra is a great game. Playing it without autofire isn't that fun, so I'll revisit it eventually but not soon.

Never got a Millipede cab (and don't even play the Centipede that I do have), so RIP.

New stuff:

Arkanoid
A game I always hated, I grew to enjoy it somewhat after it was in some tournament recently. I have access to a cab, which is big. This is the most likely short-term goal to achieve as I'm basically right on the doorstep.
Goal: 1CC
Progress: Level 31

A game I've always liked but never owned until recently. Would like to slowly get better.
Goal: 1 mil
Progress: 500k

Neo Turf Masters
I've always liked this game but traditionally played it 2P vs. mostly. In a fun credit trying out new courses and a new character.. I proceeded to get two holes in one in the same game. I had never even gotten one before this occurrence. Since you get a big hole remaining bonus for this, I could have pretty easily 1CCed, but I had no practice and was absolutely not prepared to play 1P seriously, so I ended up using 2 credits. Need to put some savestate time into this one and I think it wouldn't be too impossible.
Goal: 1cc
Progress: 2cc

Yolympics
Yolo is coming up and I don't really tend to take tournaments super seriously, but will try to enjoy one new game. My early leader in the clubhouse for this spot is probably Battle Garegga, which I own on PS4 but have put next to no serious time into. I don't love the system of this game but owe it to see what the hype is about eventually.

Fuck Xevious btw.

ebinsugewa:
Minor updates.

I beat Arkanoid finally. If you really like CRT scan on videos, you can watch it here: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeD8fq0-XVY
Haven't played any 1942 or NTM at all. Played some Yolo but nothing really grabbed me. I might give Final Fight 1P another go, but that game is mean and frustrating so maybe not. I really like Bubbles but it's nigh uncontrollable on MAME so I didn't play it much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version