Author Topic: Regarding the Last Man for Open  (Read 4126 times)

cheetah33p

Regarding the Last Man for Open
« on: June 13, 2014, 05:17:32 pm »
Hello Everybody,
      I was just wondering about the best Last Life for the tournament if a person can die off almost all of their lives at the start of their game and go for the best Last Life this way and have it count?  Wouldn't it be better and normal to actually just play through your game and just see where your last life is before actually going for that bounty?  I know it would be a whole lot easier for a lot of people to just kill off lives at the beginning of the game but I think this shouldn't be right and that truthful and not playing the game through properly with your regular lives then killing them off.  I wasn't sure if there was a rule for this or not.  I thought I would ask. 

WCopeland

Re: Regarding the Last Man for Open
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 05:46:11 pm »
You're referencing those who can kill screen at will on a single man running boards, but I don't believe it matters that it's the last life. 

The same people could do it on their first life too if they really wanted.  Given this logic I would find it hard to believe there'd be an exception to the rules if a player were to kill off their first three lives and run boards on their 4th for the remainder of the game.

If the first man bounty were taken, I have a feeling those same people I'm referencing have a much bigger fish to fry than going after the bounty you're referring to.

Drunkguy89

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 06:00:49 pm »
I know it would be a whole lot easier for a lot of people to just kill off lives at the beginning of the game but I think this shouldn't be right and that truthful and not playing the game through properly with your regular lives then killing them off.

I see what you are saying .... (But....)  Im not sure I would call it easy (at least not to killscreen on one life) since there is only (as far as I know) a select few people that have made it to the end of the game on one life (whether first/last life ) depending if they have indeed (killed off there lives in order to run a full game on one life)

and here's an example.....<example removed by mod>

so in conclusion, I personally see no fault/bad sportsmanship in doing so for this (or any) competition..

~Drunkguy89

<Pigger>
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:04:18 pm by Drunkguy89 »

WCopeland

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 06:04:42 pm »
I know it would be a whole lot easier for a lot of people to just kill off lives at the beginning of the game but I think this shouldn't be right and that truthful and not playing the game through properly with your regular lives then killing them off.

I see what you are saying .... (But....)  Im not sure I would call it easy (at least not to killscreen on one life) since there is only (as far as I know) a select few people that have made it to the end of the game on one life (whether first/last life ) depending if they have indeed (killed off there lives in order to run a full game on one life)

and here's an example.....<example removed by mod>

so in conclusion, I personally see no fault/bad sportsmanship in doing so for this (or any) competition..

~Drunkguy89

<Pigger>

lakeman421

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 06:57:47 pm »
I thought Tim did this during the last one and it seemed like no one had a problem with it.  I don't at all since it gives you the most possible boards to run a last man. Say someone was point pressing hard and lost three lives at or before level 5 and got a ks if someone really wanted to beat it they wouldn't have much of a choice.

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 07:09:24 pm »
Didn't Phil do this too? I think he ran to level 5 and killed off his guys and ran boards with his last man and won the bounty. Fine with me.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 02:38:36 am »

If a player intentionally sacrifices 3 lives on 1-1 while accumulating at least 7000 points (thereby gaining an extra man), then survives 116 boards and reaches the killscreen on their last man, more power to them.

Everyone has the same options.  No player is at a disadvantage.

I have absolutely no problem with it.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

cheetah33p

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 03:17:07 pm »
Thank you everyone for letting me know.  I just wanted to be clear on everything that it was ok to do that.  :-).