Author Topic: Linux (mame) vs donkey kong highscore  (Read 2102 times)

Imp

Linux (mame) vs donkey kong highscore
« on: June 11, 2014, 05:56:27 pm »
Hi i am new to forum, and I am building a mame arcade I just ordered a cabinet to build in.
but before I start collect the hardware I wanted to hear you guys about raspberry pi and the acceptance if highscore made on that can officallly be submitted and accepted and official lists . I pretty much now it need to be the certain Rom and it must be live streamed. but I really would love to find out if my raspberry pi setup will be accepted if any records. hope you guys can help  I am new but here to stay ;)  forgot to say it is a mame build I am making.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:14:04 pm by Imp »

WCopeland

Re: Linux (mame) vs donkey kong highscore
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 08:00:31 pm »
I would presume it would be accepted, as the hardware MAME itself is running on does not matter. As long as you're constantly above 90% speed for the duration of the game's recording I don't believe it's an issue.

You'll want to be sure you're running the Linux version of WolfMAME, as not all versions of MAME are created equal. WolfMAME is the only version of MAME out there suited for tournament/professional live play, at least by DKF and TG acceptance standards.

Imp

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 09:59:02 am »
Thanks for the reply WCopeland and it is good news, but i guess my plan is not really realistic as i wanted to build it on a Raspberry pi.

Seems it will be more easy to build the Mame arcade with windows OS, it is a shame though as i wanted to try to get it to work on a Raspberry pi.

But i will try to do some homework on the net, but if anyone tried to get the Wolfmame 0.106 to work on Rapberry pi i would love to know, seems Wine is possible to get to work if you know what you do.

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 03:25:18 pm »
You can totally get Mame working on a raspberry pi.  If you want to run wolfmame on it you just need to apply the wolfmame patch to the source and rebuild it.  You're not going to be able to run wolf 0.106 since those patches are hard to find but you can just use the latest build.  I have no idea if TG has moved beyond 0.106 but MARP don't give a shit.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer