Author Topic: How often do the upper level Donkey Kong players get P.M.ed/emailed?  (Read 12803 times)

Simpsons99

Re: How often do the upper level Donkey Kong players get P.M.ed/emailed?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 05:38:23 pm »
I get the same kind of Cheater hate mail for DKJR .

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 06:43:10 pm »
Yeah, I would not hesitate to bet that the amount of harrassment/hatemail that Billy gets is 10 times everybody else in classic gaming combined!
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 07:06:18 pm »
I wonder if Steve Wiebe received any hate mails. I'm pretty sure he did, for no accurate reasons. Probably not as much as Billy (hopefully, lol)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Steve gets the hate as well.  The public hate that I see of Steve seems to be how he is such a horrible father, and garbage like that.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 07:25:03 pm »
Not DK related but I often get mail with lots of fun name calling for getting the Berzerk record via pattern, despite that being a TG rule, despite the person holding it prior also used a pattern and despite Joel's public backing of me.  It's all fun though.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Simpsons99

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 07:51:22 pm »
Not DK related but I often get mail with lots of fun name calling for getting the Berzerk record via pattern, despite that being a TG rule, despite the person holding it prior also used a pattern and despite Joel's public backing of me.  It's all fun though.
yeah Cheater!

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 07:58:25 pm »
yeah Cheater!

so you're chunkylvr69 at hotmail.com?
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

hchien

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 08:25:24 pm »
Didn't Joel West say "You can teach a monkey how to play a certain number of rooms but you cannot teach a man how to play Berzerk."?  I don't think he was referring to you Steve, but he was almost definitely referring to the box pattern.

Simpsons99

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 08:30:12 pm »
yes Joel does say this about the Box Patteren.

Offline Josephjo

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 11:54:12 pm »
Not the first (and I'm sure not the last) time I will be called a cheater...

I was saying here (https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=59.msg541#msg541) that my hate mail usually falls into one of 2 types:

"I broke your record, m****** f*****.  I got 2,437,350."

OR

"You're a cheater and everyone knows it!  [Billy Mitchell/Steve Wiebe] forever!"

Break the WR at Funspot and win KO1 yet people still think you're a cheater.  I actually laugh at these PMs/comments.

2,437,350!! Wow! Looks like someone must be using a copy of Steve Sanders' book!

Given the fact that you've showed of your skills in public Hank you don't have to prove yourself to anyone. Those fruit Loops who doubt you are just doing so for attention and will probably never back down even if you broke the record in their front room.

I'd leave well alone and rise above it (If I was the D.K. Champ - Ha!).

Forgive me if I have spoken out of turn your highness.
" Its not how you play the game but who you have backing up the bullshit."

From The Book Of Sczerby 2:18
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener