Author Topic: Camera mounts for casting with arcade cabs  (Read 7597 times)

Offline jumpman

• Awards
Camera mounts for casting with arcade cabs
« on: April 17, 2014, 01:15:22 pm »
Does anyone have a pic of the cam mounts that ken house made for KO3? I would like to make one just like it. I'm also curious of what type of mounts everybody uses. I would love to see some pics of your set up. I will add a pic of what I'm using later. Thanks!
DK Arcade 606,200
Zookeeper 750k

http://www.twitch.tv/shigerumiyamoto
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: Camera mounts for casting with arcade cabs
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 03:19:57 pm »
This mount was the product of Hurricane Sandy (and no power in my house).  I sat around for a few days trying to think of a minimally invasive way to attach a semi-permanent camera rig to the cab.  I didn't want to use clamps, or have to drill any holes, basically no mods or potential for damage to the cab.  The mount is held in place by the rubber feet, resting on the marquee and by two of the marquee retainer screw holes.  The adjustable neck (taken from a dead desk-lamp) is attached to the threaded camera mount on the lifecam via. the correct size threaded bolt and some rubber spacers.  I can disconnect the swivel neck and camera  from the mount instantly, which is good for filming verification on the spot.  Also, because all of the marquee retainer screw holes are equidistant, this mount could be moved to the left or right of the cab if desired.   The best part about a center mounted camera, is that you can capture a very symmetrical image.  If you can get the other settings right, it will essentially look identical to mame, as far as clarity and image symmetry are concerned. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:22:26 pm by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »
If you google around for Kong Off 3 pictures: http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/kong-off-3-tournament-in-review.html you can see the mount that Ken House made.  It screws into the top left (or right) screw hole that Ethan's pic shows-- it's the screws that holds the top bracket that holds the marquee in.  It's fairly simple but very useful.  All you need is some wood, a saw, a drill and some screws.  There are 2 (or 3) articulations each controlled by a screw.  Ethan's is a bit fancier.

Previously, I was streaming by clipping my webcam to my camcorder that was mounted on a tripod.  The camera angle was not perpendicular to the screen and the distance was too far.  With the mount, I get a much clearer picture.

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 05:02:29 pm »
Ok so I made great headway on OBS. I took a pic of what I was talking about with my phone and I will post it here. My first question to all casters with OBS is, is your mame window this small? I want to play in a larger window but anything bigger than this it gets cut off on OBS and doesn't show on cast. After I solve this I'm going to look at how to do OBS with my webcam so I can cast my arcade play. Thanks for all the help guys.
DKJR pb 721k & 621k (KS) DK pb 357k
Member for 10 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer