Author Topic: VonBlogenstein  (Read 110694 times)

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: VonBlogenstein
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2014, 04:10:44 am »
Thinking I was clever, I was going to update my signature with "First person to climb Mt. Everest naked", but then I found this article: http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/outdoor-activities/climbing/nude-sherpa-news.htm

Damn it.

hchien

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2014, 07:15:51 am »
I don't think anyone has ever killscreened DK in the nude.  Here's your chance.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2014, 10:51:35 am »
I don't think anyone has ever killscreened DK in the nude.  Here's your chance.

I don't know how you could forget about Vincent Lemay! LOL
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2014, 08:24:05 pm »
If I Had A Quarter...

Unfortunately, I have no way to calculate an accurate Donkey Kong MAME playcount because I've reinstalled several times over the years.  Yet, with so many 5-minute savestate sessions during commercials, it's safe to assume my total playcount is over 10K!!  Add to that another 500 or so games played on an actual cabinet, and I have "spent"  $2,625 playing Donkey Kong.

I have won two Wildcard Rematches, and finished second in one Kong Off, netting me a prize total around $1,650.

Thus, even discounting travel expenses, I'm still a $1000 loser.  FailFish

Oh, but wait... Every friend I've made through this game is worth at least $1,000,000, so nevermind, I'm fucking rich as hell!!

P.S.  I finally registered for the upcoming DK Open, though I haven't dropped a single credit since the Kong Off 3 and am not sure I can even play that weekend.  Good luck to all.   

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2014, 09:47:10 pm »
Quote from: MDARULZ from CAGDC
Enjoy the other places out there, the majority of which don't care about their members anywhere near as much as staff here does...

Raw delusion.

unreasonable people don't change their colors...

As evidenced by the behavior of  <Pigger>.

It's too bad  <Pigger> ran CAGDC into the toilet.  It was once a vibrant place for CAG discussion and community building.

<Pigger> is an odd mix of control-freak and laziness, so he prefers to spend his free hours making forum posts or having phone conversations to excuse his laziness, rather than actually fix any of the problems members bring up.

I do give  <Pigger> credit for at least addressing the concerns of CAGDC members, however, as alluded to above, his addressing of members' concerns is primarily to convince himself what a good job he is doing.

I'm going to join BBH and jump ship at CAGDC, but I want it to be known that I'm leaving not because the forums are dead, but because they're dead on account of the forum admin himself,  <Pigger>.

<Pigger> is a behind-the-times, stubborn, close-minded, and ultimately delusional person.  I just can't support CAGDC in any capacity any longer (not that I really have over the past few years, but I'm now making my intentions clear).

<Pigger>, if you ever read this, it's you, not me.  It's 100% you, and no one else.  It's you  <Pigger>.  Hey  <Pigger>, it's your fault, not the fault of your members.  You keep crying to get credit for all your hard work, but I've seen exactly zero evidence of any hard work.  You're lazy, and CAGDC is dead because of you.  You repeatedly blame its members for not posting enough whilst giving little recognition to your own failings, beyond accepting that you are behind on the scoreboard and new member approvals - but again, this is just stuff you say, and never do anything about.

R.I.P. CAGDC, and long live DKF.     

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2014, 07:55:01 am »
best post. all hail dkf. jc all day Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

dave88

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2014, 04:54:12 am »
Tell us how you really feel Mr. VonPimpenstein

dave88

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2014, 05:04:28 am »
I haven't dropped a single credit since the Kong Off 3 and am not sure I can even play that weekend.

Resting on your laurels are ye?
Not that they aren't mighty fine laurels to be resting on  ;D

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2014, 06:36:45 am »
Thus, even discounting travel expenses, I'm still a $1000 loser.

I spent 1,5k only for the last Kong Off 3! (I paid for me and Alexandra). And I never got any money from playing DK (probably because I suck at DK (no homo)).

But it doesn't matter. Because money will go... money will always go. But the Donkey Kong title, will stay!

Fk that I don't even have any Donkey Kong title, I'm broke as fk! Fk this abuse im outta here!
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline SanTe

• Awards
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2014, 09:27:28 am »
Enjoy the other places out there, the majority of which don't care about their members anywhere near as much as staff here does...

Raw delusion.

unreasonable people don't change their colors...

As evidenced by the behavior of  <Pigger>.

It's too bad  <Pigger> ran CAGDC into the toilet.  It was once a vibrant place for CAG discussion and community building.

<Pigger> is an odd mix of control-freak and laziness, so he prefers to spend his free hours making forum posts or having phone conversations to excuse his laziness, rather than actually fix any of the problems members bring up.

I do give  <Pigger> credit for at least addressing the concerns of CAGDC members, however, as alluded to above, his addressing of members' concerns is primarily to convince himself what a good job he is doing.

I'm going to join BBH and jump ship at CAGDC, but I want it to be known that I'm leaving not because the forums are dead, but because they're dead on account of the forum admin himself,  <Pigger>.

<Pigger> is a behind-the-times, stubborn, close-minded, and ultimately delusional person.  I just can't support CAGDC in any capacity any longer (not that I really have over the past few years, but I'm now making my intentions clear).

<Pigger>, if you ever read this, it's you, not me.  It's 100% you, and no one else.  It's you  <Pigger>.  Hey  <Pigger>, it's your fault, not the fault of your members.  You keep crying to get credit for all your hard work, but I've seen exactly zero evidence of any hard work.  You're lazy, and CAGDC is dead because of you.  You repeatedly blame its members for not posting enough whilst giving little recognition to your own failings, beyond accepting that you are behind on the scoreboard and new member approvals - but again, this is just stuff you say, and never do anything about.

R.I.P. CAGDC, and long live DKF.   

Nail.  Head.

I have nothing to add to the above...  Actually, that's not true.  As a former two-time CAGDC moderator, including its first ever global moderator, I have lots I could add, but I've already wasted too much of my life energy on that guy, time I can never get back.  But I can definitively say this: "Where the players come first" is the biggest insult in this hobby there is, and the only mystery to me is why it took so long for so many others to begin to see that for themselves.

That is all.
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2014, 10:42:06 am »
As one of the '6' banned members I am glad to see the demise of CAGDC.  <Pigger> Ross is right, its not us its YOU. You can control your little corner of the internet and hang onto the last two or three members you have that post but your days of 'relevance' are long since over.

I know people are saying that the site has promise but I assure everyone, there is no future for this hobby in people like <Pigger>. Lets all move on, lets get something new going. We can data mine the relevant data from the site before it goes dark and we can again start moving in a positive direction.

-Ken
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline JNugent

• Just a guy who likes to play games.
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2014, 11:21:30 am »
Ken used an emoticon.  The world will now end.   ;)

567,200 - Crazy Kong (MAME) - ended on L=21 rivets
555,000 - Donkey Kong (MAME)
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Offline BBH

• Awards
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2014, 01:21:02 am »
no guys you don't get it, over-moderation and posting by approval is a good thing and actually HELPS forums out in the long run because

Edit: actually I should clarify. I didn't leave CAGDC solely because of the posting by approval thing, although it was the main reason for my infrequent posting there in the last year. Rather it was the straw that broke the camel's back, seeing that he has no intention of changing what he firmly believes to be correct. Existing members are getting driven away, new members are never approved (and nobody is going to want to pay money to register for an overly moderated forum where all their posts have to be manually approved)... that's not a good look for a community.

In retrospect, I should have seen the warning signs two years ago when he banned all discussion of Battle of the Arcades on the forum because he felt like the weekend for that event was chosen to purposely coincide with his own tournament. "Where the players come first", indeed! Good god.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:39:23 am by BBH »
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2014, 01:50:03 am »
Two new member posts in the same thread!  Welcome Chris and Matt.  PNW representing!
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2014, 04:48:18 am »
"Where the players come first"

"Where the players can manipulate the tourney system by paying for imaginary players in order to choose games you prefer, encouraged by the tourney organizer".  Kappa
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener