Author Topic: Blogalicious  (Read 49422 times)

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Blogalicious
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2015, 07:29:54 pm »
1.38m first life on Galaga (PB for first life). Game over by 1.6m FailFish (TGTS)

Story of my life in Galaga <thefinger>
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2015, 01:00:03 am »
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2015, 01:38:59 am »
Well done mate!

Thanks for bringing your skills to the tournament.

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2015, 12:40:33 am »
NP Ross was a alot of fun mate thanks for putting it together (and Wes too!)

PB hype:

2.1m first ship
Stage 224
Love it
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2015, 04:10:47 am »
 Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

<Mruczek> Reply
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2015, 11:16:55 pm »

Because why not?

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2015, 12:42:43 am »

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2015, 01:15:50 am »

Because why not?

Because DK Jr. Kappa

You may have a point. Can we substitute Mario Bros. in?

Offline Hawkins

• Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2015, 02:58:58 am »
Belated congratulations. You should have that 2.1M point ship stuffed and mounted!  <Mruczek>
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2015, 02:04:01 am »
Thanks Graham. I'm afraid that ship has been blasted into oblivion. Hopefully one just like it comes along soon ;)

Post IGBY2 thoughts:

Another hugely successful Wolfâ„¢ tournament.

I must admit I didn't like the games list as much as last years but it was filled with titles I wasn't overly familiar with. There was only 1 that I knew well (wild ride) and a few others that I had played in any significant capacity previously (D2K,DK3,Ladybug,Tut) so it made me knuckle down and get on with the grind. Personally overall the tournament was a great success, placing a lot higher than I anticipated. Congrats to The_Pro and the MARP team for showing everyone who is boss! It was in no doubt before the tournament started that they would carve us all a new one. We should work on that for next year. PNS had a great showing too, TIF you are a fucking beast. Get your ass over to MARP and/or TG and start submitting.

I'm incredibly proud of the RU team and the way they hustled. Every one of them put in a massive effort and we pulled through just over 4000 points to secure the bronze medal. QAOP, thanks for your hard work recruiting players. Sawys as always was super strong, and with an unknown and 1st-time-tournament goer krehztim putting in an outstanding performance. You guys rock!

Some thoughts about the games:

Favorite game: Star force. Can't believe I'd never played this before. Cleo - stop playing hard to get; you will be mine someday!
Least-liked: Well, where do I start. There were some absolute shockers this time around. Although nothing as bad as Splatterhouse from last year. I'll give it to Triple punch. Yes this was an RU pick - don't blame me! ;)...maybe QAOP should have stuck to recruiting. Lol. This game is fucking terrible. I'm being 100% honest when I say it doesn't even qualify to be in a Crap Tournament. Its. That. Bad.

Best performance: Aside from the (obvious) Wild Ride and the gold medal I snared (lets face it, I've probably played that game more than anyone else in history), the effort I am most pleased with is Star Force. I didn't manage to get the Cleopatra for 1m bonus, but my 1,255,200 was a solid 7th among a plethora of shmup gods.
Worst performance: Surprise, surprise; Mustache boy! - I pumped my fair share of credits into this and couldn't even manage a poultry 500k. Just one of those games I guess!

Honorable mentions (good or bad):
Star fighter - What a lame excuse for a shmup. I'll be happy to never see this game again.
Turtles - Turn the fucking corner!

Closing thought: IGBY2 was the largest online MAME tournament ever. Just saying that, is awesome. Words can't do justice to my appreciation of so many participating and getting involved. But it wasn't all about quantity....the quality of players we had was next level. Some of the very, very best CAG players around joined in and fought for their team. Some of those scores were  <gasp> Really great to see.
Lets continue to grow this thing!

Other news
Not much else going on. Apparently theres a 1m DK race happening now between 9 or 10 of us? Should be fun :) Implosion pending on you-know-whos channel Kappa (as long as one of us gets there first)
I may or may not have some arcade related news in the near future. Wait and see! <popcorn> <stirpot>

Sorry, this turned out to be much longer than I'd anticipated!
Thanks mates! Long live DKF

<Mruczek>
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:52:02 am by Barra »

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2015, 08:31:21 am »
wat u mean arcade news  <mad>
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2015, 10:11:30 pm »
1 month anniversary

Its been an eventful month, both on and off the field.

Let me start by saying a massive thanks to Wes for putting up the "Race to 1m" competition. I had such a blast, achieving the milestone was most definitely just a bonus. So much good comradery between everyone, it was really great to see. Obviously a massive thanks to those who were generous enough to donate. We also had someone come out of no-where and showcase his great skills (Mr. X). Glad to have you a part of the community mate. :)

I'm really surprised more people didn't break 1m. I was grinding super hard the first few days and I never expected to be in the first 3, let alone the first 1 (graet englush). Just shows you what some incentive and competition does for the motivation levels. I played around 30 hours over the course of 5-6 days. Progress was actually good improving a little each day. The 1m came straight after a ~700k game where my last life was lost failing an elevator jump FailFish - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz/v/10877904

I hope people continue on with their quest for the points. ALL of you definitely have the skills. Just get in a good mindset, and you're there.

I've been on a massive high since my game and so I've gone and set some healthy goals for a few "classic" games:

DK Jr - Goal: 1m, PB: 419k
DK3 - Goal: 1m, PB: 300k
Galaxian - Goal: 200k, PB: 110k
Mario Bros - Goal: 1m, PB: 300k
(there are some others but these are the priority at this stage)

I'll be streaming these games over the next while, as well as some random ones for the Aussie Arcade MGL. (Nibbler <mad>)

Will also be playing/streaming some newer stuff on Steam. Upgraded my graphics card and got some more RAM, so my PC isn't a complete piece of shit any more.

Other stuff?
I'm going to host a contest over christmas/early new year 2016, so keep an eye out for that. You don't have to play anything. <stirpot> <popcorn>

No developments on the PCB news that I alluded to last time.

<3 you all

:)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 10:14:53 pm by Barra »

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2015, 07:50:39 am »
I'll be busting out some Galaga TGTS this weekend. Hopefully tomorrow but it not, definitely sunday.
First goal is to beat my PB but ultimate goal being the arcade record of 4.5m. Going to be a hard task after playing Galaxian for the past couple of weeks.
Will all be streamed live at www.twitch.tv/barranz

<3 it

:)

Offline Josephjo

• Awards
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2015, 12:37:45 pm »
Good luck mate, I'll pop by for sure.

Will be like shooting fish in a barrel after Galaxian mate.
" Its not how you play the game but who you have backing up the bullshit."

From The Book Of Sczerby 2:18
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2015, 03:47:10 am »
DK Start Speedrun PB: 7:17.085
http://www.twitch.tv/barranz/v/15628884