Author Topic: The DK Bounties Thread  (Read 21919 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
The DK Bounties Thread
« on: March 28, 2014, 05:47:07 am »
This is now officially the thread for putting up money for people to try to beat the Arcade and MAME DK world records (or both).  Kreygasm

Current Bounty totals:

DK Arcade WR (must be beaten on Arcade): $0

DK MAME WR (must be done on MAME): $0

Highest DK Score across both platforms (i.e. Beat Wes' score of 1.218m) (can be done on either platform): $0

Beat Steve Sanders' score of 3,165,300 using the No killscreen ROM hack: $50 (last added: Ken)

Obtain a score of 800,000 or more on CK; must be eligible for the DKF CK HSL to count (Expires 31 Dec 2016) $100 (last added: Barra)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

I'm assuming most people just want the highest score (across both MAME and Arcade) to be beaten (regardless of which platform the new record is achieved on), but if you have a particular preference to which you want to contribute, please specify in your postings.

Also, if you want to put a bounty up on some other DK variant, you're more than welcome. Just specific your wish, and I'll add it to the list.

Each time a bounty is claimed the total will be re-zeroed.

The current world record holder on any particular platform (or across both) is eligible to beat themselves to claim a bounty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bounties Achieved:

14,000 on 1-1 (either platform; one life; no save state; submitted to DKF and TG for full amount): $20USD and $100NZD -Achieved by Wflimusic (Adam, Barra, and Scott have all paid their portions of this bounty) Bounty Closed

70,000 Level 5+ (either platform; one life; no save state): $20 -Achieved by Robbie Lakeman (Both Scott and Adam have paid their $10 portions of this bounty) Bounty Closed

Highest DK Score across both platforms (i.e. Beat Dean's score of 1.2068m) (can be done on either platform): $60 -Achieved by Wes Copeland (Scott, Mitchell, and Adam have all paid their portions of this bounty) Bounty Closed

15,000 on 1-1 (either platform; one life; no save state; submitted to DKF and TG for full amount): $300NZD -Achieved by Wflimusic (Barra has paid this bounty) Bounty Closed

Bounties Removed

9,000 level 5+ Elevator stage (either platform; one life; no save state): $20 (last added: Drunkguy89) -removed since the DKOs have the same bounty but for more $$$
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:26:50 pm by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: The DK WR(s) Bounty Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 05:50:47 am »
I put up $20 for someone to beat the overall highest score across both platforms. Can be done on either platform.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 06:25:41 am »
Chuck in $20 for 3rd option  Kreygasm

I was thinking a bounty for beating Steve Sanders' 3 million pt score, I have no idea how easy/hard/if even possible it would be though (obvs on no KS rom)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 06:27:00 am »
How will the money be handled? 

Will you, Mitch, collect and pool the money (in a paypal account, for example), or is this a pledge system?

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 06:47:57 am »
How will the money be handled? 

Will you, Mitch, collect and pool the money (in a paypal account, for example), or is this a pledge system?

Hmmm... I was initially thinking people can just get their money to the person on good faith (whether via paypal or some other means), but didn't Jeff set up some sort of paypal account when we were raising money over Christmas for George? Did that work well, Jeff? I'd prefer to have people just deliver/send the money themselves, but if we want I can figure something out. For now let's just make pledges, but if you don't currently have a paypal account, it wouldn't hurt to make one.

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 08:04:56 am »

I'll contribute $40, to be distributed evenly over 4 separate bounties:
  • Highest DK score across both platforms
  • The first person to score 14,000 on Level 1-1 (on one life, obviously)
  • The first person to score 9,000 on any Level 05+ elevator stage (also on one life)
  • The first person to achieve 70,000 on any individual level (excluding points from deaths)
Other information:
  • Save states are not allowed
  • The entire game must be available for review

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 09:40:35 am »

but didn't Jeff set up some sort of paypal account when we were raising money over Christmas for George?

No, Ken House handled that.
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 12:40:50 pm »
Ok, thanks, Jeff. I'll have to ask Ken how he ended up setting that all up.

I'll be busy at the CAGDC tourney today, but later tonight I'll kinda restructure the first post so that we I can organize into it more specific bounties like Scott's. Keep the bounties coming!

Drunkguy89

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 01:20:27 pm »
Awesome thread,
I'll match Scott's 40$ split over those same bounties he listed.
I will make a pay pal account and need a week to get a chance to visit the bank.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 10:07:24 pm »
Scott, I'm assuming you wanted the 70K on level 5+ bounty to be one life, right? Otherwise people can just die if a board goes poorly to get another shot at doing it better.

Also, I'm assuming that for ALL of your bounties whichever platform it is achieved on is irrelevant, correct?

Thanks.

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 03:11:14 am »
Scott, I'm assuming you wanted the 70K on level 5+ bounty to be one life, right? Otherwise people can just die if a board goes poorly to get another shot at doing it better.

I didn't intend to impose a "one life" rule on the 70K bounty.  However, I'll agree to that change if it makes matters less confusing, especially if other similar bounties carry that requirement.

I'm also not restricting the 70K to Level 05 and beyond.  The way I see it, if anyone can manage 70K on an earlier level, more power to them.

My main stipulation is that the score must be achieved during a "real" game.  I don't want someone playing a Level XX save state over and over.

Also, I'm assuming that for ALL of your bounties whichever platform it is achieved on is irrelevant, correct?

You are correct, sir.

I would have suggested additional bounties for the barrel, conveyor, and rivet stages, but I'm less confident as to what the "magic score" should be.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: The DK Bounties Thread
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 08:07:30 am »
Bounty:
Beat Steve Sanders' score of 3,165,300 in a single game using the No killscreen ROM hack.  <Sanders>
All other normal high score recording and submission rules apply

$20 to get it started

Kreygasm
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 09:06:31 am by Barra »
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 08:39:38 am »
Bounty:
Beat Steve Sanders' score of 3,165,300 in a single game using the No killscreen ROM hack.

$20 to get it started

I'll add $50 to this.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline up2ng

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 06:14:35 pm »
Bounty:
Beat Steve Sanders' score of 3,165,300 in a single game using the No killscreen ROM hack.  <Sanders>

$20 to get it started

Kreygasm

This would be fun to try.  I think this romhack has been discussed in other threads.  Does anyone have a link to these other threads and / or have more info about this romhack and where we might find it?
Donkey Kong:  1,206,800  Kill Screen
Donkey Kong:  898,600     16-5
D2K:                 380,200     L=9
Donkey Kong Junior:  In Progress
Member for 11 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Wildcard Rematch Champion Blogger Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - MAME Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 06:28:04 pm »
This would be fun to try.  I think this romhack has been discussed in other threads.  Does anyone have a link to these other threads and / or have more info about this romhack and where we might find it?

Hey Dean, you can get the "no killscreen" ROM here:

DK No Killscreen ROM

Here are a couple of links to related forum topics:

How high can you get? (started by Svavar on 03/26/2013)

No Kill Screen (started by dkshawn on 07/10/2013)

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:38:32 pm by stella_blue »
DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)