Author Topic: Staalisms!  (Read 8690 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Staalisms!
« on: February 12, 2013, 10:05:24 am »
Staalisms List

I decided to separate these terms from the normal DK terms list, since these are less common as well as more for the fun of those who regularly watch Allen Staal stream on twitch. Feel free to make further suggestions!

1/16th’ed: Describes when Allen dies from being hit by a wild barrel while climbing the leftmost ladder connecting the 4th and 5th girders (which can happen 1/16th of the time). This is because he isn’t paying attention, doesn’t realize he needs to pay attention for this threat, or else is simply rushing too much.

Be Seated!: One of many exclamations Allen borrows from Roy Schildt. Allen uses this somewhat as a diss to any sort of adversity in the game that he overcomes, or as a brag of an accomplishment -such as scoring over 6000 on 1-1 live, or a fake screenshot of him getting 22,100 on level one that he posts on Facebook....

Brian Allen!: A phrase Allen has chosen to make into a curse. Used to personify the things he is frustrated with.

Everyone's a Mod!: Everyone is a moderator on Allen's twitch channel chat... except Brian Allen!

fk: Allen is too lazy to type the middle two letters of this expletive. Nor is he willing to capitalize it or add exclamations or periods. It's simply 'fk', mate... as in 'fk this game'

ftt: A line-ending retort often employed to connote disagreement or frustration. Example: "wht da why arnt u stream ftttt"

FU: means 'Friends United' but also 'fk you'! Watch out! Allen WILL pull this subtle trick on you! Aussie rhetoric at its finest.

HRM: Also created due to Allen's dangerous and rash gameplay, means: High Risk Maneuver.

JRTFBDN: An acronym used to tell Allen to quit point pressing like a doofus and just run the boards!

Lightweight/Nuttin' but a Peanut: Words used by Allen to connote that something was easy for him, despite possibly actually being something difficult. Most the time this thing is actually easy. Most the time this thing he actually performs by sheer luck. Quotes from his favorite bodybuilder Ronnie Coleman. 

lo: When Allen is too tired to type out the entire acronym "lol"... which is most of the time.

Lovit!/Luvit!/Lit!: An exclamation of visceral and immediate approval. Declared frequently and liberally about anything pertaining to gamesmanship and the general arcade culture.

Mate: An adjective used by Allen of all other CAGers (even Brian Allen!) in typical Aussie fashion to connote cordiality or friendship, but in this case with a deep sense of gaming camaraderie and affection. Allen loves everyone!

One on one: Level 1, stage 1; 1-1.

Sausage-Legged Muvvah Fukka: A very similar phrase as 'Son of a Scrag' but used with more severity and reserved when Allen is more upset.

SDTBL: An acronym created because of people getting tired having to fully type out the expression while correcting Allen Staal's risky gameplay, means: Steer Down The Broken Ladders!!!

SBD: Means: Should Be Dead.

Shit game!: Used most often when Allen dies out. He likes to blame his mistakes on the game.

Son of a Scrag: A derogatory word used by Allen as a more mild curse. Sometimes used of himself, but usually used of fireballs, barrels, springs, conveyors, pies, DK, and just about everything in the game that kills him.

The Staal Pattern: A pretty loose term referring to any and all of Allen’s rather unorthodox rivet patterns which he uses as backup if the Star Pattern fails. Often he transitions to these 'patterns' (?!) in a moment of haste without fully considering the (often numerous) more efficient alternatives.

TIME: An acronym that represents "Tears in my eyes!" - a phrase Allen made famous by repeated use. Another variation (since Allen originally used this version) is "Tears to my eyes!"

”Wht da?": A phrase Allen uses when he is befuddled as to why he died -despite having been told hundreds of times why not to attempt  the action he chose to do anyway.

Watch the Monkey: A line Allen sometimes repeats to himself to remind himself not to get 1/16th'ed.

Yer buddy: A statement made by Allen when he things something super good has happened (done by him), but that is actually quite common to the normal DK player, such as re-jumping a double barrel combo, leeching a spring or fireball, hammering something with an overhead smash, or simply not dying when there are 3 barrels coming his way.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:50:43 am by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
Re: Staalisms!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 02:03:59 pm »
Catchphrases/quotes:
Yer buddy
Lightweight
Nuttin' but a peanut
Son of a scrag
Sausage-legged muvvah fukka
Watch the monkey
Be seated!
Shit game!

(more on the way as I think of them, that's just what was on the top of my head at the moment.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:08:07 pm by ChrisP »
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Simpsons99

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 05:30:53 pm »
theres alots of Words he says we can'nt really say here ...         BUT  BRIAN ALLEN is another  BLAH!

Offline Dustin(tiptop)Myers

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 07:04:06 pm »
"Take it like a Donkey!" :o
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 02:46:17 pm »
Added all of Chris' suggestions and some. Keep 'em coming!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 11:00:16 am »
Lol, I just seen his rage video's. tourettes guy comes to mind. Haha. Reminds me when I use to punch my sega controller playing sonic 2 or Holyfield real deal boxing.... Man I miss that passion.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 02:58:31 pm »
I posted some more little goodies here! Wanna bump this thread and see if people can list some more for me to add!

ThaFunPolice

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 10:41:02 am »
Im new to the Forums but I can already tell you have a great community here...Ive spent a few weeks stream hopping but always find myself watching Allen the most... him an Tudose welcomed me right into their conversations my first few visits... lots of funny moments, cursing, and random music/movie talk... and something about a guy named brian allen...
Really nice to have a community like this! keep it up Allan mate! Lovit !

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 10:51:13 am »
Im new to the Forums but I can already tell you have a great community here...Ive spent a few weeks stream hopping but always find myself watching Allen the most... him an Tudose welcomed me right into their conversations my first few visits... lots of funny moments, cursing, and random music/movie talk... and something about a guy named brian allen...
Really nice to have a community like this! keep it up Allan mate! Lovit !

This is how you open your heart to let the 'love it' in.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

tom bradley

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 04:47:50 am »
I don't think I'm a mod on Allen's stream...

BibleThump  :'(

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 08:05:49 pm »
"One on ones" = Level 1-1  <Allen>
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 01:29:06 am »
Fkn Free Hundred: When Allen tries to point press and relies heavily on 800 point smashes and becomes upset when they only turn out to be worth 300 points.

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 02:42:26 am »
He occasionally gets upset at 500's too. Ohhhh five-hundred? Come off it

:D
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Submit a score for every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2016, 11:10:59 pm »
o: "I see."

ALTERNATE MEANING: "I don't understand what you just said, and I don't want to try, so I'm just gonna say 'oh' in order to feign understanding so that we can move on."
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline diskborste

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2016, 03:39:43 am »
"Like a boss"
"You fucking slut!"
"Well, thats it for me..."

And also, my absolute favourite, his dialogues between a somewhat randy Pauline and Mario/Luigi.
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer