Author Topic: Gyruss WR attempt / Saturday 22. 2014 starting 6am EST/ 3am PST  (Read 20125 times)

ThomasTHC

Re: Gyruss WR attempt / Saturday 22. 2014 starting 6am EST/ 3am PST
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 08:07:33 am »
Watch a video of him beating the WR here (approx 19min in) WARNING. Lots of screaming in the arcade, so might turn volume down: Not a valid vimeo URL
Media in Denmark can't stop writing about Kim and Chassis Arcade. CAG is hot right now, and it's 1983 all over again over here. Tonight Kim and the owners of Chassis Arcade will be on "Go'aften Danmark" - which is a danish tv program that is broadcasted all over Denmark (sound like we are a big country, but that's not really the case)

Never surrender  <Billy>

Offline KIG666

• KIG666 MARP
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2014, 02:10:26 pm »
Oh and Kig666, if you ever plan on coming to CPH, let us know so we can put up an event. And FYI about the quiz, if you add all the points from Kim (EXA) he would take the lead. Denmark: 1 - Germany: 0. :) He talked about might try getting better at TGTS at some point. If you have any tips I think he would appreciate it, he was impressed with your score.

If I ever get the chance to visit Copenhagen I will for sure contact you guys before to arrange something. Would love to play on a dedicated Gyruss cab again  :)

I really hope Kim plays TGTS Gyruss from now on. He has the marathon record so time for something new  <blinky>

He actually has what it takes to get good with 5 lives as well. He can play the game for a very long time so he just needs to focus more on the mind part.

Playing save but still at a good pace. If he can score 2,2 on TGTS he can for sure score much higher with more practice.

1 life attempts help a lot. They are actually the key for a big TGTS score. I don't think someone will ever have a perfect balanced 5 life game so you need 2-3 great ships to score big.

I bet once he gives TGTS a serious try he will enjoy it a lot.

Great to hear that Kim's WR hasn't slipped under the radar in Copenhagen. The CAG scene needs way more publicity especially here in europe.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:11:59 pm by KIG666 »
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

ThomasTHC

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2014, 02:20:05 pm »
Can't wait to meet you in the future Kig :)

Check out the tv- clip from Go'aften Danmark here (longer version was aired): http://go.tv2.dk/2014-03-25-49-timers-spil-kim-%E2%80%99kanonarm%E2%80%99-slog-verdensrekord

Offline KIG666

• KIG666 MARP
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2014, 08:50:06 am »
Thanks for the link  :)

Great to see that the CAG scene is still alive in Copenhagen, wish I could say the same about Germany :(

Germany = arcade desert, not much hope.... but hope dies last I guess.

Anyway wish you guys the best of luck with your arcade, hopefully other ppl in europe will follow and help to re-animate the CAG scene in europe.
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer