Author Topic: Gyruss WR attempt / Saturday 22. 2014 starting 6am EST/ 3am PST  (Read 20118 times)

Offline Svavar

• Awards
Re: Gyruss WR attempt / Saturday 22. 2014 starting 6am EST/ 3am PST
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 07:43:06 pm »
Denmark vs. Germany - who will win?  <Walter>

This should happen!
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline KIG666

• KIG666 MARP
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 07:18:54 am »
That's also fair enough :) I see you are from Germany! Come to Copenhagen and have a 24 hour Gyruss battle with Kim! The machine that's at the arcade is his, but he actually has another one at home.

Will let him know about your TGTS score, and will update with his score after 5 men. Do you know about this european forum:

http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php ? Lots of people from Germany, Netherlands etc. think you should be able to find someone with a Gyruss near you.

Copenhagen is unfortunately not what I would call just around the corner. Maybe for my next holiday who knows.

About the dragonslairfans forum, yeah I know this site might actually be the better choice to find a Gyruss cab near germany.

Only problem could be that many ppl have the konami pcb in their cabs and TG only tracked the centuri version for both arcade tracks.

Funny thing is Michael Bangs WR was played on the Venus bootleg so I still wonder why they forced ppl to use the century version if the official marathon WR score was not even played on original hardware.

Anyway if I would have to choose between marathon and TGTS I would always pick TGTS since imo this is the way more challenging track but like I said before others might think different and prefer the marathon track.

Like JCHarrist already suggested, tell Kim about the forum here, I would enjoy to talk about Gyruss with him and besides that he already plays Donkey Kong so he has no other choice  :P

Once you start to play DK you belong to the DK community here in other words you are property of this forum  ROFL

40 million in 30 hours is really not to shabby. Thats like 1.33 million an hour. 222 men to kill off when he quit and see it only too 15-20 minutes. Is he playing non-stop because you really dont have time to nap. I'm curious where this goes because I will start getting serious about doing this and also thinking about Galaga too.

Dan

Actually there is enough time to make breaks. My last TGTS record of 9,4M would have given me almost 13 minutes to rest so enough time to eat something go to the toilet etc....

Either a break every 10M or a bigger break at the time before you reach the 255 max ship limit to avoid the 0 ship disaster haha

This should happen!

This already happened and germany won ROFL

Well not on Gyruss but on the arcade screenshot quiz on a german arcade shop.

I knew his name sounded familar.

Watched until now and his 5 ship score was pretty good. A bit over 2,2M so he for sure plays not half-assed haha

He is for sure good enough to break the record from Bangs cause like he plays right now he will be able for short breaks or even one or two *longer* breaks so 47M+ should be doable imo  8)
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

ThomasTHC

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 07:57:25 am »
Would be cool to have a face-to-face Gyruss battle, Kim is up for it! If you're not to fancy, I have a nice couch you can crash on..

What is going on with the Arcade Screenshotquiz? Don't get it :)

And we're having trouble with our audio unfortunately, and yes we have turned sound off on the stream, and even on the pc, but still there's an echo/crappy sound. Maybe it's because the arcade is packed this saturday, lots of people enjoying arcade games and pinball. Let's see later tonight when the place close if the problem is still there. Tune in and enjoy the gameplay nonetheless

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 08:02:35 am »
Yeaj I meant you can't take a break long enough to sleep but bathroom or some eating breaks sure. 40 hours really isnt that long to stay awake and play since he is going for max points. Should be able to do it. I'll work out something for next year and try and play for 50 - 60 hours. Heck ill go for 100 hours and just be a psycho!!! 100 hours on this game would reallllllllllly be nuts.  BibleThump

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

ThomasTHC

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 09:36:12 am »
We took the stream down for a few minutes, and recorded Kim's gameplay on my phone while it was down. Will upload it later today or tomorrow. Thanks for the help Ethan!

ThomasTHC

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 11:52:55 am »
We added another (shitty) webcam showing Kim playing at http://www.justin.tv/chassisarcadedk

ThomasTHC

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 03:34:46 am »
The stream started fucking up and having black scan lines over the screen, but thanks to Michael and Svavar (via phone) we got it working again. The stream might have been down a few min, but like the the first time, we recorded the missing stream with a cellphone, and will put the videos up tonight or tomorrow.

Offline KIG666

• KIG666 MARP
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 08:35:03 am »
Would be cool to have a face-to-face Gyruss battle, Kim is up for it! If you're not to fancy, I have a nice couch you can crash on..

What is going on with the Arcade Screenshotquiz? Don't get it :)

Like I said I don't enjoy playing with unlimited lives, just not my thing so I don't believe I will go for a marathon anytime soon.

1 and 5 ship tracks thats my kind of stuff, love it  <Allen>

I immediately lose the fun after I lose my 5th ship. It's burned so deep into my mind I automatically stop the game sometimes even before I lose the 5th ship if I'm not really happy with the average ship score lol

My long time goal for Gyruss is to hit 5M with one ship on hardest settings and 12M on TGTS with 5 ships.

I secretly hope that this marathon will be enough for Kim to say lets stop marathon and give TGTS a try haha

Anyway If I ever visit Copenhagen I will for sure check Chassis Arcade and try to break my records there on the real Gyruss cab  8)

About the screenshotquiz, I just tought I've read his name and initials before and I was right.

It was from the screenshot quiz here http://www.arcadeshop.de/screenshotgame.php?explain=true&int=1

He was on first place for a while so I remembered me on his name.

Pretty nice quiz if you like classic arcade games. Unfortunately it stopped after 1240 points, only black screens and questions that you can't answer anymore.

A real Killscreen  <Kuh> haha  but that was to expect after all they use the *How high can you get* DK screen between the levels hahaha
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

ThomasTHC

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2014, 10:41:50 am »
THANKS to everyone of you who tuned in, spread the word and helped out with the stream. Promise we will be more prepared if we at some point will stream again :) Kim really appreciated it, and I think he was surprised about how many people cared. Will try to get him in here at some point, and maybe write a few words.

Michael Bangs score from 1987: 47,024,400 points
Kim "Kanonarm" Köbke's score: 62,200,250 points after approx 49hours16min

You can find some pictures (will keep updating) and info about the marathon here: http://killscreen.dk/?p=2304

Check out some pictures here from Kim's unofficial WR attemps in 1942 and Flying Shark (played another place back in 2005) http://www.playright.dk/museum/galleri/verdensrekord-i-1942

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Skål
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:22:45 pm by ThomasTHC »

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 10:52:33 am »
Love it.  Great job!  Kreygasm
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 11:00:31 am »
 Kreygasm BibleThump <YSG>
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline dimmu--borgir

• Swedish DK series champ :-)
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2014, 02:22:33 pm »
Skål my Nordic friends! Skål!
DK 868100 KS Hell ya!
DK j.r  689300 KS
DK j.r 871500 lvl C
DK3 1498900
CK 391400 Lvl 15
Member for 10 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 04:30:04 pm »
Well done, Kim. Now, are you done with this variation (marathoning Gyruss) forever? ;)
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

ThomasTHC

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 04:34:43 pm »
Oh and Kig666, if you ever plan on coming to CPH, let us know so we can put up an event. And FYI about the quiz, if you add all the points from Kim (EXA) he would take the lead. Denmark: 1 - Germany: 0. :) He talked about might try getting better at TGTS at some point. If you have any tips I think he would appreciate it, he was impressed with your score.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:38:35 pm by ThomasTHC »

Offline Svavar

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 03:19:13 am »
Highlights of the entire game: http://www.twitch.tv/chassisarcade/profile

After ca. 23 hours the stream reset for some reason, causing twitch to break the recording into 2 parts.

Congrats to Kim! The new Gyruss marathon master :)
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer