Author Topic: Donkey Kong Online Open #2 for 2014  (Read 30019 times)

Offline tessler1134

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Donkey Kong Online Open #2 for 2014
« on: March 16, 2014, 11:14:48 pm »
Donkey Kong Online Open #2 for 2014

Welcome to our 2nd Donkey Kong tournament for 2014 !!!!

We have a new pot added to the tournament for anyone who can beat the current DK WR score....see the rules below for details!

***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***
As you all know, the Kong Off 4 will be coming up later on this year. The new structure of the KO 4 will most likely be based on a bracketed layout. The seeding for the bracketed layout will involve the Donkey Kong Online Open Tournaments. It is in the best interest of all players to participate in as many DK online tournaments as they can to obtain their best possible highest score. Players who do not participate in any of the online tournaments who also participate in the KO 4 will be seeded at the bottom of the field in the order determined by the event coordinators. More details to follow...

Start Time: May 2, 2014 9:00 PM Pacific Time
End Time: May 4, 2014 9:00 PM Pacific time (48 hours)
Entry Fee: FREE! (and open to all players!)

Prizes
- $200 for the 1st place submitted validated score
- $150 for the 2nd place submitted validated score
- $100 for the 3rd place submitted validated score
- NOTE: The following players cannot win any prize money for this contest (however they are still eligible to win bounties):
   - Dave McCrary
   - Robbie Lakeman
   - Steve Wiltshire
   - Mike Groesbeck
   - Timothy Sczerby

Bounties
- $50 for the first player to reach 800,000 points on their first jump man
- $50 for the first 1 million+ point game submission for someone who has never reached 1 million points in any previous DK game ever played
- $50 for the first 1.1 million+ point game submission for someone who has never reached 1.1 million points in any previous DK game ever played (Thanks Daniel Desjardins!!!)
- $20 for the player who has the largest score increase from the first DK tourney of 2014; any ties will go to the first player to claim the bounty (Thanks Nick Sheils!!!)
- $50 for the player who completes the most boards on their first jump man
- $50 for the player who completes the most boards on their last jump man
- $50 for the mystery bounty #1
- $50 for the mystery bounty #2
- $20 for the mystery bounty #3
- Special bonus from Ethan Daniels:
   - I will be adding $60 USD towards a 1-1 payout for the tournament.  I will divide it between the 3 highest scores on the first screen (first man only and must complete the screen).  1st, 2nd and 3rd place; 30USD for first place, 20USD for 2nd and 10USD for 3rd.  Love it? My scores on 1-1 during the tourney will not be eligible for payout.
NOTE: Prizes and bounties might change in the future

DK Arcade World Record Pot (see the rules below)
- Current DK WR: Hank Chien: 1,138,600
- Current Pot Value: $1000
   - UPDATE: Phil Tudose added $100 to the pot!
   - UPDATE: Daniel Desjardins added $50 to the pot!
   - UPDATE: Eric Tessler added $500 to the pot for this tournament only!!! Good luck!!!
   - Thanks everyone for contributing to the pot!!!

The current rankings for the contest will be posted in a shared google document located at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsoDfaVYTK8JdGxodk1vVmtINUp2dEdMOWVDXzBoeXc&usp=sharing#gid=0. This document contains all the scores for all the DK opens for 2014 plus an aggregate scoreboard. Special thanks to Hank Chien for putting this together for us. The rankings will be updated periodically throughout the duration of the contest.

IMPORTANT: The rules for the contest are laid out below. Please read through all of the rules carefully. Due to the anticipated large number of score submissions, John and Eric have the right to immediately reject any score submission if these rules are not followed as outlined below. ***NO EXCEPTIONS***

Registration
- Any contestant may register for this contest, it is open to any person on this planet that plays Donkey Kong no matter what your skill level may be!!!
- All registrations must be received prior to the start time of the competition.
- In order to register, simply click on the following link and submit your information: https://donkeykongforum.net/tournaments/registration.php

Stream Setup
- All contestants are required to stream their games on twitch.tv or Justin.tv. (NO EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON).
- Contestants are solely responsible for setting up their stream.  Eric Tessler and John Salter will not be involved in any contestant’s stream setup for any reason.
- Contestants may enlist the help of anyone except Eric Tessler and John Salter to setup their stream.
- Contestant’s stream quality must be sharp enough to read the level and score at a glance (as well as the rest of the game play).  If there is ANY question of score and level due to bad quality stream, that submission will be rejected, instantly, with no exceptions. We suggest that you test your streams and check them from time to time to make sure they are working correctly.
- Streams which are partial, glitchy, edited or manipulated in any way will be rejected.
- Streams must be available for review on the contestants registered twitch.tv channel.  If for ANY reason the stream is not available for review on the contestant’s registered twitch.tv channel, the submission will be rejected.  NO EXCEPTIONS.

Game Submissions
- In order to submit a score, simply click on the following link: https://donkeykongforum.net/tournaments/scoresubmission.php
- Contestant is solely responsible for submitting their own scores.
- DK arcade or DK MAME (US set 1) can both be used for score submissions (must use TG settings of 3 lives and a bonus life at 7000 points).
- Score submissions can be for any non-zero score.
- At the start of EACH new stream, contestant must state their full name (you no longer have to state your name before every single game).
- The entire game must be played only by the registered contestant who is identified at the beginning of the game.
- Bounties
   * Contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they want to claim when they submit a score.
   * A contestant can only be paid for a maximum of 1 bounty for any one contest.
   * If a submitted game qualifies for more than 1 bounty, the contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they are claiming and they can only claim a single bounty (and the refs will consider only the specified bounty for the score submission). For example, if I have a game where I am the first to a million points and a kill screen, I claim the million point bounty and the kill screen bounty remains open for other contestants to claim.
   * If a contestant tries to claim a bounty however is not awarded that bounty for some reason (i.e., they were incorrect about the bounty or another contestant's score submission invalidates their bounty claim), the contestant may try to claim another bounty on one of their next score submissions.
   * Bounties are considered in the order in which the score submissions are received.
   * Please remember that the bounty system was introduced for fun and to spread around some extra money to the contestants. Any disputes over the bounties will be settled accordingly by Eric/John.
- If any player is at Eric's or John’s house on the day of the contest, they may use our DK arcade machine for the tournament and we will act as a referee (as such, they do not need to submit their score via email, but the game will still be broadcasted on twitch.tv for everyone to see).
- Eric and John will be validating all scores and reserve the right to reject any score for any reason.
- Games started before the official contest start time (no matter how close to the official contest start time) will not be eligible.
- Games started after the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time) will not be eligible.
- Last game can be started any time before the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time).
- Scores can be submitted up until 4 hours past the official contest end time.

DK Arcade World Record Pot Rules
- At the end of the tournament, the pot goes to the contestant who beats the current WR score (must be obtained on an arcade machine; MAME does not count).
- If there are multiple contestants who beat the WR score within the same tournament, the pot goes to the contestant with the highest score.
- The contestant who wins the pot cannot collect any other prize money for the same tournament (top player positions or bounties).
- If nobody wins the pot, the pot carries over into the next tournament and increases by $100.
- Any contestant, including the current WR holder, is eligible to win the pot.
- The pot will initially start at $250 and will increase by $100 for each tournament where the pot is not collected. These donations are by Eric Tessler.
- Any contestant who wishes to donate more money to the pot, please contact Eric Tessler.

Prize Payouts
- Prize money will be issued in the exact amount stated, ONLY to the registered contestant.
- Prize money will be sent via PayPal or sent via U.S. post in the form of a registered money order, or check ONLY to the registered contestant.
- If the contestant rejects the prize acceptance guidelines, listed above, or chooses not to accept the prize, that money will be added to the next contest purse.
- Once a contestant wins prize money in a tournament (any type of prize money excluding bounties), they cannot win any more prize money for the following 2 tournaments (after the next 2 tournaments, that player will once again be allowed to win some prize money). This will allow different people to have a chance at winning some prize money.
   - NOTE: The following players cannot win any prize money for this contest (however they are still eligible to win bounties):
      - Dave McCrary
      - Robbie Lakeman
      - Steve Wiltshire
      - Mike Groesbeck
      - Timothy Sczerby

Clarifications
- Kill screen: In order to qualify for a kill screen on 22-1, we must be able to see the jump man death that is caused by the kill screen itself (dying any other way will not count).

Closing Remarks
- Please remember, at the end of the day, this is for fun and to keep the community together.  Anyone who does not follow the rules, cheats, etc, will be removed from the contest, and possibly banded from all future contests.
- These guidelines can be changed at any time because Eric and John are in charge and are on a total power trip.
- Get practicing and good luck to all contestants 

Results for Donkey Kong Online Open #1
   Top 5 Winners
   1. Dave McCrary: 1,091,400: $200
   2. Robbie Lakeman: 1,075,500: $150
   3. Steve Wiltshire: 963,700: $100
   4. Mike Groesbeck: 953,800: $50
   5. Timothy Sczerby: 934,700: $25

Bounty Winners
   - Longest first man: Ben Falls: 57 boards: $50
   - Longest last man: Steve Wiltshire: 70 boards: $50
   - Mystery bounty #1, 7th place: Chris Psaros: 911,700: $50
   - Mystery bounty #2, 27th place: Ken House: 241,100: $50
   NOTE: The remaining bounties were not claimed.

Results for Donkey Kong Online Open #2
   Top 3 Winners
   1. Ross Benziger: 1,067,700: $200
   2. Wes Copeland: 1,028,200: $150
   3. Jeff Harrist: 868,900: $100

Bounty Winners
   - Longest first man: Graham Hawkins: 67 boards: $50
   - Longest last man: Timothy Sczerby: 49 boards: $50
   - 800k on first man: Ross Benziger: 982,300: $50
   - First million point game: Wes Copeland: 1,028,200: $50
   - Mystery bounty #1,  23rd place: Andrew Barrow: $50
   - Mystery bounty #2,  11th place: Martin Laing: $50
   - Mystery bounty #3,  36th place: Katherine Williams: $20
   - 1-1 high scores:
      - 1st: Robbie Lakeman: 12,100: $30   
      - 2nd: Mitchell Meerman: 8,400: $20
NOTE: The remaining bounties were not claimed.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:13:59 am by tessler1134 »
Eric Tessler

DK personal best arcade: 966,000 (kill screen, 133 minutes)
DK arcade, KO 2: 900,500 (kill screen, 113 minutes)
DK arcade no hammer: 369,000
Crazy Kong arcade kill screen: 562,000
DK 3 arcade: hard: 1,111,600; easy: 1,640,000
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Online Open #2 for 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 12:23:26 am »
ill throw $100 into that arcade wr pot <Billy>
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline tessler1134

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 01:24:55 am »
Done! Thanks Phil!!!!
Eric Tessler

Offline OzSteve71

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 10:51:48 am »
WooHoo another one :-)
Member for 11 Years

cheetah33p

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 10:59:41 am »
Yay Another one!  I was hoping in April but the beginning of May is good!  I hope to do good again!  :-).  Maybe I might win something being just after my birthday!  :-). 

cheetah33p

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 11:00:59 am »
But I had a question as to why the places paid out are just the top 3 instead of 5 again like the first one?  Just kind of wondering!  :-)

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 12:37:06 pm »
Boom btw. Awesome sauce. This time I will destroy you all!!!!!  Kreygasm
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline tessler1134

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 01:26:40 pm »
Because we feel like paying out only the top 3 :)

Really thought, the top 5 was only for the first tournament :)
Eric Tessler

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 01:01:46 am »
Love it! :-)
Might actually play this time! :-)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline jumpman

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 07:38:53 am »
I would like to enter, would I be allowed to keep my D2k/ save kit on my pcb? Or would I get a visit by a couple dudes someday? <Walter> <Kuh>
DK Arcade 606,200
Zookeeper 750k

http://www.twitch.tv/shigerumiyamoto
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 08:03:56 am »
Your D2K kit is not a problem to the best of my knowledge.
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline tessler1134

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 02:37:07 pm »
You are good!  :)
Eric Tessler

Offline jumpman

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 08:18:07 pm »
I'm signed up, glad I didn't have to remove D2K chip!
DK Arcade 606,200
Zookeeper 750k

http://www.twitch.tv/shigerumiyamoto
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 02:28:52 am »
3 day dk tournament thanks Eric it was my idea love it...lol
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 09:38:54 am »
 FailFish
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener