Author Topic: New to the forum and new streamer! DKJR  (Read 47893 times)

Donkey Kong Genius

Re: New to the forum and new streamer! DKJR
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 07:31:40 pm »
If you have actual footage, then I could give more details. I would recommend just playing safely. Keep risk low. Points don't matter if you die.

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2014, 07:41:46 am »
Ive been hitting the 200 with ease then it seems around 230K I fall apart. the pattern I got from you on the chains is awesome by the way. I've been trying to cast and twitch just keeps freezing on me like 10 mins in to game play very frustrating its done that a lot lately. I'll start up a cast when I'm at around 100k and post link to youtube. Im sure I can get a 20 min session in that why. Cheers
DKJR pb 721k & 621k (KS) DK pb 357k
Member for 10 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2014, 05:08:19 pm »
So I went to Des Monies, IA today its about a hour and half trip. They have a barcade called UP DOWN. The girl was going to visit her friend that just had a baby. I passed, I hade around 2 hours to play games. I had put up the high score there but it was horrible like 124K. I put my first and only token in at 1:47 and ended at 3:08.

Ended up being a half a million point player today. I scored 539K I lost track of what level I was on. But this score was thanks to lots of posted video and feed back from the Jr. community. I hope to Kill Screen by the end of the end we will see. Cheers guys just wanted to share my good day.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2014, 08:01:24 pm »
Great work. Seems like you got a handle on things. I am very excited for you. Keep up the good work.

Drunkguy89

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2014, 08:07:51 pm »
Good job man, love it!

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2014, 11:02:18 am »
I just had the best game of my life and I was recording it via Justin.tv. I will be uploading it to youtube right now. I will also submit this score via the Jr. submission page. I took video of inside of cab and pulled out board. I also denoted time and date via my iphone lock screen. The reason I did that is so if my camera turned off I could prove it was me the whole time. And it did so I reshowed the time and date on my I phone and  showed my face. I'm not sure if Justin.tv to youtube is accepted but I wanted to see if it was and none the less maybe some of the pro guys could give me some pointer. Thanks again to all here at the Forum.
Cheers,
Tony

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2014, 11:08:27 am »
What did you get? I guess I missed it

EDIT: Okay, I looked at the archive, 616k! Very nice!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:22:28 am by marky_d »
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Drunkguy89

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 11:45:50 am »
616K nice man!

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 11:55:22 am »
Lol I was so pumped I forgot most important part. 616k. No clue what level I was on I always lose track when it's blank

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 08:25:52 pm »
Keep up the good work!

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 04:59:42 am »
So I'm trying to get OBS going and I'm casting now but I want to play the mame window fairly large. When I right click in the OBS window and select fit to screen nothing happens. I've attached a photo to show you what I'm talking about. Then step 2 is figuring out how to save these to hard drive if I like. Then step 3 is using webcam with OBS to do my arcade cab. I'd like to get away from justin.tv. But one step at a time please. Thanks

Offline jumpman

• Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 05:36:45 am »
DK Arcade 606,200
Zookeeper 750k

http://www.twitch.tv/shigerumiyamoto
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2014, 07:28:18 am »
So I'm trying to get OBS going and I'm casting now but I want to play the mame window fairly large. When I right click in the OBS window and select fit to screen nothing happens. I've attached a photo to show you what I'm talking about. Then step 2 is figuring out how to save these to hard drive if I like. Then step 3 is using webcam with OBS to do my arcade cab. I'd like to get away from justin.tv. But one step at a time please. Thanks

I'm not an OBS expert, but "fit to screen" won't have any noticeable effect if your MAME window already fills one dimension of the screen (in this case, vertical).  Increasing the size horizontally would involve changing the aspect ratio, and I don't think you want to do that.  For the record, it looks pretty good as is.

Step 2:  Go to "Settings... => Broadcast Settings" and make sure the "Save to file:" box is checked.  Specify an output file in the "File path:" field below (or use the "Browse..." button).  You can also optionally check the "Keep recording if live stream stops:" box.

Step 3:  I don't own a webcam, so I'll defer to someone who does.

You definitely want to get away from Justin TV.  They've recently removed the highlight feature (temporarily, or so they say), and they no longer support inbox messaging.  If you've selected the "Automatically archive my broadcasts" option in "General Video Settings:", your videos will only be saved for 2 days (unless you purchase a premium plan).  No thanks.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2014, 04:28:22 pm »
Just had my longest speed run no pressing. on my youtube channel
http://youtu.be/S2I4NZ9OBec

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2014, 04:40:12 pm »
"I'm not an OBS expert, but "fit to screen" won't have any noticeable effect if your MAME window already fills one dimension of the screen (in this case, vertical).  Increasing the size horizontally would involve changing the aspect ratio, and I don't think you want to do that.  For the record, it looks pretty good as is."

MAME is fine but the OBS is cut off. I just want that to fit in the box while still having a rather large window to play the game in.
Thanks