Author Topic: New to the forum and new streamer! DKJR  (Read 47889 times)

Offline DKJR

• Awards
New to the forum and new streamer! DKJR
« on: March 12, 2014, 01:44:02 pm »
Hello everyone,
I'm a avid Junior player who is not great but has a love of the game I average in the mid 100ks. my best is game is 229k. I have started to cast on Justin.tv with a webcam of my arcade upright Jr. cab. I will also be uploading the games to my youtube channel. I'm looking for hints and tips and good gaming chat. If your bored drop over a watch a game. Links will be below thanks. I also play alittle DK but I'm a high score of only 252k.

PSN name: DonkeyKongJunior
Steam name: Donkey Kong Junior
Youtube:  http://youtu.be/LkwVwSCADpQ (this is the link to my very first vid and intro) like and sub if you enjoy
Justin.TV: http://www.justin.tv/dkjr
Cabs owned:(DK, DKJR, Multi-Williams)
Cabs Sold: too many to count  :'(
DKJR pb 721k & 621k (KS) DK pb 357k
Member for 10 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Drunkguy89

Re: New to the forum and new streamer! DKJR
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 01:52:23 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 01:56:02 pm »
Welcome.  Your average suggests that the springboard is the root of trouble?  If so, there are lots of folks on here that can assist.  <> <Allen>
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 02:22:28 pm »
Welcome to DKF. I remember you streaming a couple of years ago, glad to see you back at it!
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 02:44:12 pm »
Welcome to the forums! As a heads up, both marky_d and kalel9999999 know tons about Jr, there are a ton of other members here who also play Jr, but those guys are ranked 1 and 2 respectively on Jr. Arcade
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 03:45:44 pm »
Welcome! Looks like Jeff (the forum administrator) already added you the general list of streamers (https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=3.0). Feel free to check out some of the other DK/DKJr streamers and follow them too! Good luck on your Junior progress!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 06:30:32 pm »
welcome to the forum!  <Billy>  <Tim>  <Wiebe>  <Kuh>  <Roy>  <Walter>  <Allen>
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 09:38:25 pm »
Nice to have you here. I connected with you on youtube as well. I just got a Junior pcb so that is pretty much what I will be playing for awhile.

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 01:52:29 am »
Hey there,

Great to see Junior getting some love lately. There's some great tips/videos and helpful guys over here.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 07:36:23 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome, I have tried to set up youtube to do longer than 15 mins vids and I verified it. But it seems when I direct upload from Justin.tv it breaks it up anyway. I will maybe try to manually load the videos from my desktop to youtube to see if you can get longer ones. I'll cast today in the late afternoon.
DKJR

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 12:15:32 pm »
I use OBS, and then have it create a file on my computer, and then I use that file to upload. I also use Movie Maker if I use my camcorder to put the files together and save in 1080 HD. I stream at the same time, it is a back up to protect against glitching twitch if that occurs.

Offline kalel

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 06:12:59 pm »
 DK JR> if you ever want any tips . just let me know. GLAD to help  8)
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 06:37:48 am »
Thanks kalel I'll PM you this weekend struggling on chains for the most part and spring board but I've been doing some studying and its helping. I put up two of my best games back to back yesterday with horrible deaths in both especially my last on my 180K game. The video was too long to post to darn youtube. So I'll be casting this morning and afternoon for a bit and stop between each game. I just use a older Pro 9000 webcam so I don't have capture software for my arcade cab.

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 08:16:35 am »
Just tried to stream on Justin.TV and it starts then kicks me right off line, frustrating as I'd like to keep consistently keep streaming. has this happened to anyone before. I'll try later on in the day.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 06:53:49 pm »
By chains do you mean blue chains or the springboard? Between my youtube account and my highlights on my twitch account you have a lot of demonstration on how to do the birds on the springboard. Check them all out, and let me know if you have any questions. You can see these in my Ambitions thread, and Patterns thread. If you have not read through this thread then do so:

https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=749.0

https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=732.0
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:57:18 pm by Donkey Kong Genius »