Author Topic: New to the forum and new streamer! DKJR  (Read 48030 times)

Offline DKJR

• Awards
Re: New to the forum and new streamer! DKJR
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2014, 05:07:14 pm »
I have everything on OBS working 100% now. My question to other casters is about mame window size. I took a screen shot of my laptop it's a 17" and I hoping to play on a much larger window. But if I enlarge mame window it gets cut off on OBS then you can't see all of play field on twitch. Any help would be great. Next task is webcam and OBS to cast my arcade cab on twitch.
DKJR pb 721k & 621k (KS) DK pb 357k
Member for 10 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2014, 12:57:29 pm »
Please post your pics of your PC screen while casting mame on OBS.

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2014, 06:00:35 am »
Just got my first Jr. Kill Scren last night it was 621k. I was just running boards. I'm gonna march toward the 800k next. My end goal is Million. Thanks to all the links and videos this has got me here.
Tony

Offline jumpman

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2014, 07:47:58 am »
Congrats on your KS. You can no longer hide,  <Billy> is watching you.
DK Arcade 606,200
Zookeeper 750k

http://www.twitch.tv/shigerumiyamoto
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2014, 09:09:01 am »
I love it. Still got the pics of Me teaching Billy how to play. Lol

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2014, 01:05:50 pm »
I'm working on my pressing now after kill screen. I've been on pace my last games And my pressing isn't getting me killed. My goal is a million by the end of summer. I'll keep you updated with scores but I know I can do it if all falls into place. I won't submit another score unless it's over a million. Then it's on to DK kill screen!

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2014, 01:49:51 pm »
Good stuff on getting that killscreen!  If you put the time in I am positive you will get that million. 8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2014, 06:26:05 am »
I got my first 12K 1-1 Jungle Board yesterday got it recorded on twitch so I thought I would post it. I've made I've kind of made this thread as a update to my Jr. play. I've started my march to a million points now! I've been working on my jungle pressing on the right and left side to gain more 300s. I have mocked up a million point pace chart. I have no clue if its right but I used a video off YouTube and recorded the persons pace and adjusted the numbers to 1 million exactly. But if anyone has a point pace chart that you know is right you can shoot it my way. Thanks for all the support in my Killscreen quest now to million. Then I'll give DK a try.......I'm not great at that damn game 200K player.
Tony

Link to Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/donkeykongjunior83/c/4367459

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2014, 12:17:18 pm »
Sad to report my Jr. Can is DOA at new house it was fine last night. Played a game this AM now nothing. Marquee is only light, bummed out for sure

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2014, 06:27:10 pm »
Sad to report my Jr. Can is DOA at new house it was fine last night. Played a game this AM now nothing. Marquee is only light, bummed out for sure
Wow I'm really sorry about that man.  Go test the voltages on that switching power supply, espessially the 5v.  If it is too high, or too low, the game will not run.  That means that you need a new power supply.  Make sure the tube on the back of the monitor is glowing red as well.  If it is, then you won't be in much trouble.  Since your marquee is working, your 100v transformer is likely to be good, as well as the monitor.  Test those voltages on the edge connector of your DKJR PCB.  http://www.docstoc.com/docs/45929296/NINTENDO-PINOUT
That link should help with the edge connector pinout, which you should test your 5v from.  Report back your findings.
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2014, 07:40:06 am »
Well there's no neck glow so I'm guess the monitor is toast. But I'll check voltages in the monitor molex and in your link. However the only shining light is I'm picking up a working DK on the 12th so I'll be able to flip flop parts to find trouble. My guess is monitor.

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2014, 02:04:14 pm »
Well there's no neck glow so I'm guess the monitor is toast. But I'll check voltages in the monitor molex and in your link. However the only shining light is I'm picking up a working DK on the 12th so I'll be able to flip flop parts to find trouble. My guess is monitor.
Yup its probably the monitor.  I recommend checking the fuses across the chassis.  I fixed my monitor by replacing a simple fuse in my monitor.  Your problem is most definitely the monitor based on your problems. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w7/modessitt/SanyoBoardControls.jpg
Check f301 and f302 for failure.  In my case, f301 was dead, causing the whole game to appear to be lifeless.  Check the fuses using the continuity setting on your multimeter, and take them out of the PCB.  That way, the circuit isn't bleeding out any bad signals to your meter.  Good luck my friend.  If those fuses are good, your flyback and/or HOT are likely to be dead.
PB(s):
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2014, 02:34:35 pm »
thanks for all the help tilt where would I get those fuses online I assume? If its a hot or flyback that's our of my league but I got a two people in the area who have business that work on games. I've had one guy do a cap kit so I'm assuming he could put a new fly or HOT on.
Cheers I'll keep you updated. I get that DK on Sat. and I can swap monitors. I'm assuming that's the issue.
TR

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2014, 03:37:56 pm »
thanks for all the help tilt where would I get those fuses online I assume? If its a hot or flyback that's our of my league but I got a two people in the area who have business that work on games. I've had one guy do a cap kit so I'm assuming he could put a new fly or HOT on.
Cheers I'll keep you updated. I get that DK on Sat. and I can swap monitors. I'm assuming that's the issue.
TR
No problem.  You can get those fuses at radio shack.  The .3a fuse might actually be .315, but it will still work.  Good luck.
PB(s):

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2014, 04:34:47 pm »
One more rookie question how do I test the fuse what color tester on what end.