Author Topic: NEW TIME MARIO OFF this friday night...  (Read 4644 times)

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
NEW TIME MARIO OFF this friday night...
« on: March 11, 2014, 06:49:54 am »
Tune in this friday night, March 14th, starting at 9:00 p.m. EST to see 2 heavyweights in Mario Bros. livestreaming the game at the same time.
Best score at the end of the night wins this first installment. The combatants will be Stephen Boyer at http://www.twitch.tv/stephen_boyer  and Steven Kleisath at http://www.twitch.tv/maximumsteve
Ofcourse you can also view them both at www.donkeykongforum.net/streamers on this site. Stephen Boyer will be playing on MAME format, and Steven Kleisath will be playing on an arcade cabinet. The players will start at 9:00 p.m. sharp and be given 3 attempts maximum, and the last attempt has to start by 10:30 p.m. at the latest.
Stop by and say hi to these guys in their chats and witness the classic Mario Bros. in full effect!

http://www.1337loungelive.com/     
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:09:10 pm by maximumsteve »
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
Re: MARIO OFF this friday night...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:12:50 am »
 Kreygasm
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 07:26:51 am »
Mario Bros. Off!! Steve vs. Steve

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 11:41:27 am »
Go Steve!!!
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 11:53:53 am »
Go Steve!!!

I'm sure Steve is going to win this thing.   <Walter>

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 02:12:01 pm »
as long as we both post over a million points, which I know you will stephen, I am satisfied. The real purpose of this event is to bring new and fresh interest and energy to what we feel is one of the greatest games ever created, and spark interest for people to pick it up and start playing it. There would not be the mighty Super Mario Bros. without this classic Mario Bros.
 <pacman> <blinky>
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 03:20:43 pm »
Not only is this good to "drum" up interest in Mario Bros. but who knows what the future holds?  There could be more Mario Bros. Off!! with more players in the future. 

Ok, after talking to a few connections it looks like the time will change when we start this showdown from 7:30 to 10:30 Eastern Time to whenever it ends.  We have to start later simply because the http://www.1337loungelive.com/ is going to be streaming this showdown live.  I'm guessing it will be a side by side window.  So tune in folks as we hope this is the beginning of something that can happen, with more great Mario Bros. players, every couple of months or so.  We will see how it goes.   ;D

3/14/14 New Time: 9:00 p.m. EST
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:11:15 pm by ripper »
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
Re: NEW TIME MARIO OFF this friday night...
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 05:52:52 am »
This event was a totally success!!  We both met our goals in many ways and we look forward to Mario Off 2 down the road.  I think Steven and I brought some good attention to the great classic game, Mario Bros. 

We both went into the even wanting to win but really our goal was to each break a million in a live event, under pressure and to bring attention to this game.

I went into the event thinking the high score of the night would take it but it ended up being 3 rounds for the title.  Steven Kleisath took round : with a score of 1.1M and my game faltered when I started out good but died to early in one round causing me to have to drop down into a totally disaster (critters, two red fireballs and tons of ice) and my game was over!  Round 2: I think Steven got around 700K and I had my best game of the night at close to 1.5 million, taking round 2.  We took a small break and decided to have a deciding round 3.  At this time it was around midnight and we both played poorly but I had a good last man which helped me take the Mario Bros. Off!! 1 with a final score of close to 700K.

I can tell you that Steven Kleisath will break 2M in the near future and will give me a run for my money soon.  One way or another we will end up with the #3 & #4 scores in the world but there certainly could be more competition in the future as well.  And this is another thing Steven and myself are hoping for.

And thanks to the 1337loungelive.com for the great job they did.  There was a delay and the stream sometimes goes in and out (lots of people streaming them I guess?) but those guys doing the commentary did a wonderful job!  It's a lot of fun to be playing and hearing them talking about your game.  Awesome job!

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:00:11 am by ripper »
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: NEW TIME MARIO OFF this friday night...
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 06:35:54 am »
Awesome!

I tried to tune in but the stream would only play for a few seconds and then buffer for a while. Glad to hear it was a success though! Hope your spurred on some new challengers
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer