Author Topic: 2014 No Hammer Tournament  (Read 35051 times)

Offline Milehighdt

• Awards
2014 No Hammer Tournament
« on: February 24, 2014, 10:41:17 am »
2014 No Hammer Tournament

A head to head single elimination bracket  tournament open to all DK players. Seeding format will be determined by No Hammer HSL a poll (HSL, No Hammer HSL, Random draw, NCAA selection committee, seeding play day). If a player does not have a score on the NH HSL list a random draw will be used to fill out the brackets with those players.

If a hammer is touched anytime during the game the game is considered ended at the completion of the previous board (If you grab a hammer on 8-6 you lose to someone who ends on 8-6 but beat someone who ends on 8-5).

It will be one game each with no restarts after the first board. The winner will be the player who gets the farthest into the game. If both players end on the same board,  the player who got there first wins.(include the DKF clock in your stream) Bring on the yolo.

First round will be announced April 16. Each round will have a week to complete the matches . A generic start time will be given for each round (Friday 6pm DKF time). This time is the earliest that a match can start if the competitors of a match cannot agree on a start time. Ideally the competitors will agree on a time to start and play their games at the same time. Both players of a match must post the agreed upon start time to override the generic start time. Crank up the pressure.

All games must be streamed and an announcement of when you plan on streaming be made at least an hour beforehand in this thread.

At this point the prizes are:

Overall winner: 50$ and a sweet badge

Farthest in game: 25$

Fastest to 6-1: 25$

Players eliminated from the tournament get one game per week to compete for the prizes.

This is all for fun and to get people playing DK the right way. Rules subject to change.

Thanks to Jon and Dan for each pledging 25$ towards the cause  ;D

Thanks to Chris for the registration form (closed now)

Thanks to Jeremy for the bracket and updates http://challonge.com/2014nohammer

Thanks to Jeff for the clock, sweet badge, and the place great DK things happen
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 06:43:28 am by Milehighdt »
DK (Arcade) 1,129,700
DK No-hammer (Arcade) 768800 Killscreen
DK No-hammer (mame japan set)  524600 level 21-4
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener Individual Board Record Holder DK No-Hammer Killscreener Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener

cheetah33p

Re: 2014 No Hammer Tournament
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 10:55:38 am »
I'll be up for this!  You can add my name down if you would like!  I don't mind the bit of pressure on me!  :-).  LOL!  Since the DKF Community all likes me!  :-).   

Fast Eddie

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:06:38 am »
awesome  :D

im not playing kong atm, lots of upheaval with moving house etc and my cab is disassembled, but i will make sure to get set up in time for this!

8)

Fast Eddie

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 11:49:40 am »
ill add $25 to the prize pool...

8)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 04:12:56 pm »
I'm in. Just gotta add a clock to my stream.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 03:39:21 am »
I'd like to mess with NH.
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 09:23:02 am »
I'm in. Just gotta add a clock to my stream.

There will be a clock on the front page of DKF for this event. Everyone will just need to put it into a screen region on their stream. That way everyone is using the same clock.
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 11:00:08 am »
I'll play. Time to finally earn my no hammer t-shirt  FailFish
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 12:48:16 pm »
Sweetness. Man I've gotten to 9-6 before but the game is sooooooooo frustrating. I know I was at 8-6 with NO Deaths and lost em all on that board before. It can be a cruel mistress I tell you. Anyway I'll throw $25 at the prize pool as well for now.

<Tim> approves.
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline Milehighdt

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 05:53:25 pm »
Thanks Jon and Dan  ;D . I wasn't asking, just waiting to see how things shook out but love it. If you have a preference to how it should be allocated let me know.

I've updated the prizes

Is everyone good for mid April ? or do you want a March start with a 2 week break ?
DK (Arcade) 1,129,700
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener Individual Board Record Holder DK No-Hammer Killscreener Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 05:55:43 pm »
I'm in and can play whenever.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 05:57:04 pm »
Mid-April would be fine for me.
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline Milehighdt

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 07:30:27 am »
A registration form has been created by Chris:

https://donkeykongforum.net/tournaments/nohammer/registration.php

DK (Arcade) 1,129,700

Offline jumpman

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 08:57:27 am »
I have a NH score that was on TGs scoreboard, would that be my score? Or is that database gone?

Edit: Nevermind I just discovered the high score list.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:17:48 am by jumpman »
DK Arcade 606,200
Zookeeper 750k

http://www.twitch.tv/shigerumiyamoto
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 08:28:52 pm »
A registration form has been created by Chris:

https://donkeykongforum.net/tournaments/nohammer/registration.php

What is the cut-off date for submitting scores to the No-Hammer High Score List?
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer