Author Topic: Wrist Issues  (Read 6547 times)

RogerChampagne

Re: Wrist Issues
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 05:55:43 pm »
lol

Offline Ohrami

• games video
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 01:10:27 am »
Try changing your grip on the joystick. I grip it pretty similarly to how I grip a pen, but it's hard to describe without a video. I also mainly use my arm to move it rather than my wrist, so I don't get those problems, and I'm short enough that my arm is nearly at a 90 degree angle while standing (I think this part is pretty important)
Donkey Kong high score: 863,200 L=22-1 (MAME)
twitch.tv/donkyousu
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener

Offline NightRider

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 09:52:41 am »
Height does make a difference. I always sat on a stool playing at home because I'm fairly tall, and I tried playing standing up at Funspot for a while since there were no chairs around, but it killed my wrists so I had to hunt down a stool/chair from another row of games. I won't play for more than a few minutes if I can't sit.
Born with a steering wheel in his hand... And lead in his foot.
Member for 10 Years

RogerChampagne

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 12:07:29 pm »
The height issue is a big deal for me.  I find that pretty much all of the classic arcade games make my wrist hurt pretty bad to the point where i need a stool or one of the awesome gaming chairs funspot has on hand.  I did a test saturday at funspot to find out if most games were short like the DK one and they are even some of the games screens make it harder to play if your not looking right on.  So if you are 6'5" and wearing construction boots you better have a chair with you that you dont mind humping around all day so you can enjoy the games with out pain.

Fast Eddie

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 01:12:19 pm »
you could always make a stand for your home cab...

i just came upon a 5cm thick slab of polyethylene foam so i cut it to size and put it under my cab to help protect my downstairs neighbour from the obnoxious joystick clunking... surprisingly it barely compresses under the weight of the cab, its still short of ideal height but its pretty playable standing up now  :D

8)