Author Topic: Will be going for the DK3 Japan Marathon record tomorrow  (Read 12611 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Will be going for the DK3 Japan Marathon record tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 04:06:34 pm »
Well, done George! Did you happen to save a Justin.tv archive of them?
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 04:10:04 pm »
Well, done George! Did you happen to save a Justin.tv archive of them?

How do you do that Mitch?  It's disappointing that for whatever reason it's not letting me highlight the video.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 04:29:56 pm »
It's disappointing that for whatever reason it's not letting me highlight the video.

Justin TV has temporarily removed the option of highlighting past broadcasts.

The announcement can be found here:

JTV Highlight Option Temporarily Removed

As an alternative (for now), they have introduced an "Upload to YouTube" feature.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 04:41:57 pm »
It's disappointing that for whatever reason it's not letting me highlight the video.

Justin TV has temporarily removed the option of highlighting past broadcasts.

The announcement can be found here:

JTV Highlight Option Temporarily Removed

As an alternative (for now), they have introduced an "Upload to YouTube" feature.

Well that video will go into the dust bin because the video is too long for Youtube.  That kind of sucks.  Good think I saved the games on my computer though.  If anyone want to save my video they are more than welcome to. 

As a side note this will be my last post here for awhile.  I am taking a break from the Internet, and this could be anywhere from 2 to 6 months.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 05:40:20 pm »
If you still have the INPs from these games you should post them to the forums. I'll see about saving the clips from Justin.tv.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 05:56:21 pm »
I'll see about saving the clips from Justin.tv.
Hey Jeremy,

I found this page, although I haven't actually used it yet:

Justin TV Video Downloader

I'll admit to being frightened by the "Index your archive" feature.

What's the worst thing that could happen?  I'd rather not find out.   :o

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 06:17:00 pm »
Hey Scott,

I just took a look at that downloader. It appears to do the same thing that TwitchTools does. Twitch/Justin both break up streams into 30-minute FLV chunks and I think TwitchTools handles this better. It actually gives you the links to each chunk but it looks like the Justin downloader only gives you first 30-minute chunk...you have to figure out the URLs for remaining chunks on your own.

You can actually download Justin videos using TwitchTools. You just need to replace "justin" in the URL with "twitch." For example, I downloaded George's recent broadcast by changing "www.justin.tv/dk3champ/b/503031559" to "www.twitch.tv/dk3champ/b/503031559."

With all that said, there doesn't seem to be any audio in FLV files I downloaded from either site and I'm not sure what to do about that.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 06:47:43 pm »

Yeah, I like the Twitch Tools page.  I've used it a few times to preserve games, where I was concerned they might disappear.  I tried (and failed) to save a Justin video only once.  The URL generated an error because I didn't swap out the domain names.  Good to know.

As for the audio, I've never had any problems so I don't know what to make of it either.  Uninstalled codec, perhaps?

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 07:10:36 pm »
Uninstalled codec, perhaps?

Yeah, that was close enough. Apparently there's a bug when VLC tries to play an FLV video with SPX audio. But the good news is the audio is there.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 07:13:39 pm by xelnia »

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 07:16:29 pm »
Yeah, that was close enough. Apparently there's a bug when VLC tries to play FLV video with SPX audio. But the good news is the audio is there.  ;D

Nice.  For the record, I just downloaded parts 1-2 and experienced the same issue.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)